• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Best place to buy crickets online?

bennylava

Hatchling Dragon
Hi all. Which website is the best one to buy crickets online? I only want to order about 200 at a time, because all I have is a 10 gallon tank for them.

Also what is the best gutload. The one with all the vitamins and good stuff, not the one that's just basically water. You know, that gel stuff.

Mattalie

Juvenile Dragon
Amazon.com. No question. You het them within the next few days if you order before thursday. For 500 crickets its anywhere from $14-30. And i dont know if its the best but its what i buy. I buy the flukers orange cubes.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I've used Ghann's in the past but lately been using Josh's Frogs. Josh's is closer to me, I order 1000 crickets and they are about $33 with shipping. One time I ordered and the box was damaged and they sent me out a new batch of crickets right away no charge. The last order I got came with boxed with heat packs. I feed my crickets the Flukers dry food and the gel stuff for hydration and sometimes the orange cubes. I also feed my crickets what's left over from Dexters salad.

If you order from Amazon pay close attention to how they ship and where you are in relation to the company. When I first ordered online I used Amazon and didn't pay attention, I ended up getting crickets sent to me Priority MAIL from California (I'm in Illinois)! I received a very damaged box of crickets that had to be repackaged by the post office! I chalked it up as a learning experience LOL!

bennylava

Hatchling Dragon
Thanks for the replies everyone! I went with Amazon for now. Got some Fukers calcium cricket gel. And 250 crickets. You guys think a 10 gallon fish tank is good enough for $250 crickets? I got some egg cartons, and old tree bark in there for them to cling to.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Depends on the size of the crickets. Might be a little tight in there for big ones. Crickets are territorial and will eat each other if there isn't enough room. Make sure you offer lots of dark places to hide, egg crate and toilet paper rolls are good.

bennylava

Hatchling Dragon
What else can I use for so many crickets? I have some egg cartons and paper towel rolls, but I don't think I have enough. Yet. Maybe I'll just go buy a few more egg cartons and just toss the eggs and keep the carton lol

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
I've heard of people going to all natural restaraunts like The Egg and I and asking for all their egg cartons, and that they give them away for free. I can't personally confirm this, but I have read others' posts stating that they are pesticide and formaldehyde free.

Latest posts