• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

best enclosure

luke leith

Bearded Dragon Egg
whats the BEST enclosure for a bearded dragon theres so many options I'm just wondering if glass is better or custom. :)

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Custom, all the way :) especially if your handy with building things. I just made a 4x2 for my bigger juvenile. You'll love it, and so will they!

fe95c7610484726a03a8a2964b91f963.jpg

16c980f3d0a7b92ab34a3c35852f6e8a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yeah, it's made completely of wood, though I will NEVER get lumber at Lowe's again. It's already warping. There's a small lumber and hardware company in town that I'll be sourcing future materials through. I bought 1/4 inch sliding glass tracks and epoxied them in place, and had some plexiglass cut to fit. I think it's 3/8 of an inch shorter than the overall height of the opening, so I can remove the plexiglass panels whenever I need to.

The basking bulb fixture is screwed into the top, but before I did that, I made a hole for the cord to come out of the top. The UVB fixture came with a mounting kit. It clips in to little metal brackets mounted on the ceiling. I also drilled a hole for the cord to go through for that.

It was time consuming, but so worth it!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It really is your preference. I like a glass enclosure. My beardies are very curious and like to look out all sides of their tanks. I also like a glass tank because I can just blast it with a steam cleaner to clean it. But like I said, it's all a personal preference. Custom built wooden enclosures are absolutely fine too!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I love glass I have 2 40 gal breeder tanks..