• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

best diet for baby beardie

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What is the best diet to feed a baby beardie?
Here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
You need a staple insect feeder like crickets dubia roaches or BSFL or silk worms -- the BSFL are great for salad toppers -- add them to the salads in front of her that will lure her to the bowl - feed as many as you want and a good compliment to the BSFL is dubia roaches - I recommend them they are easier to keep and they are more nutritional than crickets -- BSFL do not need to be dusted but your other insects do -- please do not feed pellets canned or jarred or frozen food it is not very healthy -- I can provide websites for the insects and worms --- you can also add 1-3 small super worms to the salad as well to get her to the bowl - you will need a glass or ceramic bowl like this to keep the insects / worms in it
https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
If you want the websites please ask I will post them --- you need to feed him / her two times per day I would feed the salads first thing in the morning w/ your BSFL then add your staple feeder to the bowl like a hr or so later -- she will eat more crickets if your feeding crickets and less roaches they are more filling -- I would start off w/ 10 roaches at first see how many she / he eats depending on big the roach is the smaller the more the bigger the less but you MUST feed the size she can eat -- which is no bigger than the space between his /her eyes length wise -- you do not want to feed something to big it will or can cause impaction-- then do another feeding of staple feeder in the afternoon --- feed as many as she / he will eat in a 10-15 minute time frame---only dust the staple feeder one time per feeding