• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Belated Introduction

madchiller85

Hatchling Dragon
I’ve already made a few posts, but I’ve yet to introduce myself or my bearded dragon. I’m Chad, I’m a first time bearded dragon owner and I’be already learned quite a bit through this forum. My bearded dragon is Skeeter, he currently resides in a 40 gallon breeder equipped with an Arcadia 12% (set below the mesh) and a 100 watt basking bulb, I use paper towels for now instead of loose substrate, though that will soon be replaced with slate tile. Anyway, that’s all I’ve got, nice to be a part of such an informative group of lizard lovers!
220D5225-07B5-42BD-942C-DBEA90768850.jpeg

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Hes cool looking, welcome to the forum :) , are u misting him? I noticed water droplets on the side of the tank

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I mist him 2-3 times a day
I would hold off on spraying him that much, once per day is totally enough for him, it’s probably doing more harm than good, if you can mist his salads and drip some water on the top of his head thatd be best,he can get a RI very easy if ur getting water in his nose….

madchiller85

Hatchling Dragon
I would hold off on spraying him that much, once per day is totally enough for him, it’s probably doing more harm than good, if you can mist his salads and drip some water on the top of his head thatd be best,he can get a RI very easy if ur getting water in his nose...
Good to know. I'll definitely do it less often

madchiller85

Hatchling Dragon
I would hold off on spraying him that much, once per day is totally enough for him, it’s probably doing more harm than good, if you can mist his salads and drip some water on the top of his head thatd be best,he can get a RI very easy if ur getting water in his nose….
Just so I know...should I be giving him baths at this age? Or should I wait until he's a bit bigger? I've seen articles that question the practice in general.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Just so I know...should I be giving him baths at this age? Or should I wait until he's a bit bigger? I've seen articles that question the practice in general.
You can start with baths once a week, hes not gonna like it though, ive bathed my girl with a toothbrush every Friday since she was a baby, it helps with shedding and then you can handle them over the weekend knowing they’re alot cleaner, i just recently started using the soak and i like it.

Attachments

• C833CD56-5131-46DF-9DC6-6BA754F40113.jpeg
    C833CD56-5131-46DF-9DC6-6BA754F40113.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 2
  • AE66A107-364A-4CBC-B6EC-D5C5A774F486.jpeg
    AE66A107-364A-4CBC-B6EC-D5C5A774F486.jpeg
    459.7 KB · Views: 1

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
How long have you had him? Is he okay with handling yet?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I’ve only had him about 2 weeks. He’s warming up to us, but he’s still not a fan of being handled much
Id lay off the baths then till hes more comfortable with handling then, hes shedding off the nasty skin anyway, he’ll be fine with no baths.

Latest posts