• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Behavior

luke.bowthorpe

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi all,
It always amazes me that when you think you know your beardie he does something new and different. My beardie Rhaegal loves sitting on the windowsill and looking out. He loves watching the traffic and people going by. But recently he has taken to hiding when people go by. The first we noticed him doing this was when a man crossed the road towards the house with a dog so we thought maybe he felt threatened by the dog but then the more we watched him it turned out to be anyone walking by he even does it to me when I walk by. It is quite funny to watch because he has his arm up on the window and then he ducks his head behind his arm as if to say "if I can't see you, you can't see me" then when the coast is clear he looks back out the window. Does anyone else's beardie do this?

Mushuandcricket

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
That is funny. We live in the country so don't have too many people walk by but he does watch things like snow falling etc. I wonder if anyone has ever noticed him in the window. It sure would be funny walking down the street and seeing a lizard ducking when you walked by. You see cats and dogs in the windows of peoples houses but not to often a bearded dragon. That would make a cute You Tube video.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
We live in a 1st floor corner apartment so in the summer we open the windows and put the beardies in the window. People are taken aback when they see them. It's like "wait did I just see that?" I will also sit on the front porch with them, it's fun to watch peoples heads turn! One day this older lady walked by and later in the day I got a Facebook message from her son, who I went to grade school with but hadn't seen in years, he said his mom was talking about a girl sitting on the stairs with a dragon. He knew instantly it was me because of all my posts on Dexter and Luc, LOL!