• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Behavior question

Darrell Asper

Juvenile Dragon
Is this normal or do I have a weirdo dragon? He was what appeared to me sunning in the hallway by the front door, lifted up on his side like this \ which looked to me as if he flattened himself out and raised up on the side to catch the sunshine better. Thanks

Attachments

• DSC02889.JPG
    DSC02889.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 76
  • DSC02890.JPG
    DSC02890.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 79

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
He might have been cold…. look at the picture and you can see he is doing it in the direction of the light coming in from the blinds to the floor. How long does he stay out? What are you house temps? What are your enclosure temps?

Darrell Asper

Juvenile Dragon
It's probably 70 in the house, I keep the tank about 100 in the basking spot no less than 80 any where else or at night. I figured he was just aiming to get the direct sunlight, but that's the first we seen him do anything like that. As for letting him out if I'm home he's usually out. I think he thinks he should be out all the time now, its funny to watch because if the dragon is out our boxer runs to his cage and hides.

Mattalie

Juvenile Dragon
Alot of people let their beardies out and run around with dogs in the house but im terrified to do it. I had a dream one night that i let Alex out and King (my husky who thinks hes the king of the world) bit him:'(. I woke up and started to cry. Never considered doing it since. Im a girl (brothers account) so i guess i could just be overreacting but idk.

Ron G

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I have 3 small dogs and tried it a couple times. The last time my bearded dragon freaked out when one of the dogs got too close and puffed up, started bobbing and was ready to go after the dog. Luckily my dog just looked at him wondering what the heck was going on. I figure it only takes one time to have a total disaster so I keep them separate. I know other people let them play together but I just don't feel comfortable taking the chance.

Darrell Asper

Juvenile Dragon
Well Spike's developed another weird habit. Now that the Christmas tree is up, he climbs the presents, to get to the low branches, then climbs the tree, by going up in counter clockwise circles. I thought when beardies got big, they were ground dwellers. My wife thinks it because when he was a hatchling he slept on top of a small tree that was attached to his water and food bowls like the kind for a hermit crab.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386719342663.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386719342663.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 22
  • uploadfromtaptalk1386719365319.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386719365319.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 22

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
He sure has a strong personality eh? LOL In the pic earlier I thought I saw his tail shedding? Was he trying to rub to get old skin off? ( or maybe just acting goofy which is awesome :) ) He sure looks happy and healthy to me

Latest posts