• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Before I bring my babies home...

Rlover09

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi everyone... So I am new to the whole Bearded Dragon world... I've got 2 questions that I am hoping someone can help me out... 1. Do females lay eggs even if the haven't mated? and 2. Can a male and female be housed together? Thanks guys...

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yes it is possible for the female to lay eggs even if not mated. And although people do house them together it shouldn't be done. They can turn against each other without notice and the male can stress the female out by not leaving her alone when they hit sexual maturity. In the wild they are not social they only get togeather to mate.

Rlover09

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yes it is possible for the female to lay eggs even if not mated. And although people do house them together it shouldn't be done. They can turn against each other without notice and the male can stress the female out by not leaving her alone when they hit sexual maturity. In the wild they are not social they only get togeather to mate.
Thank you so much... I would never have guessed they weren't social creatures... Everytime I see the little guys in pet stores or at shows their always all over each other... Which is beyond cute I might add! Can they be together up to a certian age?

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ya you can keep younger ones of the same size together but its only a matter of time when when they will start showing dominance. Hence nipped toes and tail.

Long1988

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey Brett ! If the female lay eggs without mating, is it still possible to have babies inside the egg ? Or just throw away those egg ?

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
no they wont be fertile. But if you do breed them keep in mind they only need to breed once for the whole season. They can and will have multiple clutches in a season, 15 to 30 eggs on average per clutch

Latest posts