• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beared Dragon rolling over

Bobby Miller

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone I'm new to the forums. I have a new baby beared Dragon. Her name is autumn she is about 7 inches long. She is in a new exo terra terrarium. Her basking spot is about 101 degrees. She has 10.0 Uvb. She's been eating fine but recently Ive seen her flipping and rolling. Tonight my wife had got her out to see her and she starting rolling while she was holding her. We love our new little autumn any suggestions or insight on this would be very appreciated

Willtheeman

Hatchling Dragon
I've never experienced this but from what I've read reading in the forums, it could be a bacterial infection or possibly a virus. Other people can share their experiences but wouldn't know myself. Have u showered her for long times or kept the humidity too high? I've read some nasal or ear infections can cause that or the star gazing virus I think it's called. A vet visit could solve the problem just make sure he's well experience on reptiles. For now make sure she's drinking water and good diet.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Bobby Miller

Bearded Dragon Egg
She's had two baths since I've had her and her humidity has been okay in her terrarium. Thanks for advise I'm gonna try and find a Reptile vet

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'd get Autumn scheduled with a reputable exotic vet. It sounds like she's got some neurological issues going on. I'd see if you could have her screened for ADV and go from there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bobby Miller

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yeah I searched in my area and found one. Only thing I've noticed different about her is she is shedding on her tail

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I would get her to a vet and have her tested. Could be MBD or could be something neurological or could be ADV. The vet may need to do a blood test to see what is going on.

Bobby Miller

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yeah we finally found a vet we are taking her tomorrow. She hadn't been rolling over anymore but isn't walking right. She can't seem to walk on her front hands.

Attachments

• 20170206_183832.jpg
    20170206_183832.jpg
    727.3 KB · Views: 115

Bobby Miller

Bearded Dragon Egg
Very sad I thought I've done everything right. She has a 24 inch reptisun that's 10.0 Uvb. Her basking spot is 94.6. I took anything she could climb on out of her terrarium fear she will try to climb and fall. She has been eating like crazy but only when I drop the cricketts in front of her. I dust her crickets with calcium with d3. I also give her reptivite Reptile vitamins with d3 once a week. I mist her once a day and offer her water by dropping it on her mouth with a syringe because she doesn't go to her water bowl. I offer greens and carrots daily she rarely touches em. She looks so sick idk if I did something wrong. We are heartbroken

Attachments

• 20170206_184035.jpg
    20170206_184035.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 112

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I wouldnt bother spraying the enclosure, it doesn't do beardies any favors. From the sounds of the neuro symptoms, she has a serious illness that you couldn't have picked up on without lab tests. It's beyond heartbreaking, but it's not your fault. You ARE doing everything right, and you have her scheduled to see a vet. If she doesn't pull through, it's not on you. Sometimes there are things outside of our control, even things that the most knowledgeable reptile vet can't treat.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah we finally found a vet we are taking her tomorrow. She hadn't been rolling over anymore but isn't walking right. She can't seem to walk on her front hands.
Keep us posted please and increase that temp babies need 100-107temps..