• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardy not eating or basking much

Technohead88

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi guys
My female beardie over the last 3 ish months has slowed her eating to pretty much a stop now.
i give her plenty of water (with a calcium additive) through a syringe every day so she is plenty hydrated.
She is in a 5 ft vivarium with a brand new 4ft arcadia 10% uvb. and all the temperatures are fine.
She rarely ever basks by herself and likes to hide away but she is not asleep while hiding away.
She is just on a vinyl floring so there is no risk of any impaction.

When i take her out she seems absolutely fine. Very active and seems generaly happy.

I would apreciate any advice, thanks in advance :)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
My first guess is that the UVB may need to be changed. Mine used to get real lethargic and not want to eat much or do anything inside their tanks right around the time the UVB needed to be changed. If that doesn't do the trick then I would take her to the vet for a checkup and make sure she doesn't have parasites or something else wrong.

You said the temps are fine, what is the temp in the basking area?

Technohead88

Bearded Dragon Egg
Her basking area is around 105. Also her UVB is only about a week old as i replaced it thinking it could have been that.
She pood this morning and I took the sample to the vets and they say she has worm eggs? Could this be her issue? Am hopefully getting her medicine tomorrow.

Technohead88

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ive also just noticed this on her back, doesnt look like a scale? looks a bit of of place.

Attachments

• IMG_1108.JPG
    IMG_1108.JPG
    693.4 KB · Views: 33

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I've never had experience with parasites in my dragons so not sure how they would act. I would think not eating would be a sign. As far as the spot on her back, did you try wiping it off? It's hard to tell from the photo it almost looks like a bit of food or something. It's possible that she damaged a scale climbing on something but I would keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't get bigger.

Latest posts