• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardy hasn't pooped in 2 weeks, I'm getting worried!

Hjhenley

Bearded Dragon Egg
I recently moved houses and he hasn't pooped for about 2 weeks. He seems perfectly healthy and happy and is very active when I interact with him. However at the beginning of last week he started winding down more (like he does at this time of year) and keeps sleeping. Which would be fine if he didn't need to go to the bathroom. I've bathed him regularly over the last week and even followed recommendations on giving him some natural laxatives like baby food mixed with prune juice (not too much obviously). I'm unable to get him to the vets for another two weeks and I'm kind of out of ideas. I'm very desperate for any ideas or solutions to this. He's three years old (four this december) and this is the first time I've encountered this problem with him.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I recently moved houses and he hasn't pooped for about 2 weeks. He seems perfectly healthy and happy and is very active when I interact with him. However at the beginning of last week he started winding down more (like he does at this time of year) and keeps sleeping. Which would be fine if he didn't need to go to the bathroom. I've bathed him regularly over the last week and even followed recommendations on giving him some natural laxatives like baby food mixed with prune juice (not too much obviously). I'm unable to get him to the vets for another two weeks and I'm kind of out of ideas. I'm very desperate for any ideas or solutions to this. He's three years old (four this december) and this is the first time I've encountered this problem with him.
Older dragons do not poop as often as babies ---- do not take him to the vet for a ENEMA ---- they often end up in disaster ---- he will go as long as his basking temps are 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and proper placement and distance for a LONG TUBE FIXTURE BULB ----- NO COILS -- they are NO good ---
your dragon will eventually go and especially w/ giving the natural laxatives ---- it is not uncommon for older dragons not to poop for a month or longer --- mine poop about every 3 weeks or so --- the stress of moving could of upset the cycle as well -- they dont like change -- give him time -- keep him hydrated as well so it keeps things moving so if you want water down the laxatives your feeding

Hjhenley

Bearded Dragon Egg
Older dragons do not poop as often as babies ---- do not take him to the vet for a ENEMA ---- they often end up in disaster ---- he will go as long as his basking temps are 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and proper placement and distance for a LONG TUBE FIXTURE BULB ----- NO COILS -- they are NO good ---
your dragon will eventually go and especially w/ giving the natural laxatives ---- it is not uncommon for older dragons not to poop for a month or longer --- mine poop about every 3 weeks or so --- the stress of moving could of upset the cycle as well -- they dont like change -- give him time -- keep him hydrated as well so it keeps things moving so if you want water down the laxatives your feeding
Thank you very much for the information. This is a big relief.

Latest posts