• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardies Tail

Richie Croft

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, I got a bearded dragon yesterday that had been kept in a cage with another. Apparently the other one bit the tip of this beardies tail off a week ago and the tail seems to have gone a bit dark. What would anyine suggest.

Attachments

• 15395363805106394281411989938919.jpg
    15395363805106394281411989938919.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
This is typical of what can happen when they are housed together, glad you came to its rescue. First keep it clean and dry until it has healed,if you have loose substrate remove it as you dont want anything getting in the wound. Clean with a betadine solution or use some neosporin which will help against infection. The darkening is worrying, it looks like there is some damaged scale there and looks a bit like stuck shed but doubtful after only a week. I think its possible that the damage goes further than the tip that is missing, maybe restricting blood flow to the damaged area. That being the case, that bit of its tail may need removing by a vet before it becomes necrotic and gets infected. At the very least I think you should get it xrayed and see what the damage is.