• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardies Nails

Elexus

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello!
I’m trying to find a Mat to replace the current green mat that I have in my beardies terrarium, but the one I’m looking for I would like for it to also naturally shave down her nails. I know in their natural environment the ground usually keeps their nails naturally shaved so I was looking at sand mats because I don’t want to use actual sand. Does anyone know what I can put in her terrarium that would provide this result ?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello!
I’m trying to find a Mat to replace the current green mat that I have in my beardies terrarium, but the one I’m looking for I would like for it to also naturally shave down her nails. I know in their natural environment the ground usually keeps their nails naturally shaved so I was looking at sand mats because I don’t want to use actual sand. Does anyone know what I can put in her terrarium that would provide this result ?
Green mat? Is that carpet? What size is the tank? You can get some I use two long pieces going width wise in my tank of slated ceramic tile - you dont want smooth and you dont want too coarse - go to your home improvement store rub your hand over the tile - you will need to cut the tile to fit the size width wise w/ a tile cutter that will keep the dragons nails down

Latest posts