• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardies main diet?

turtlesdaddy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Spike eat 15-20 dusted crickets once a day, Silkworms once a day, some meal worms from time to time. Every morning he gets a salad varies daily on what I have Red leaf, Mustard greens (not his fav but will eat) etc...

BeardedD

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
[size=10pt]I jump around quite often. Somtimes Stali will eat mostly just crickets and let his veggies go bad... other times a good salad is all he'll eat. He ALWAYS loves meal worms, but we know what can happen with that :p[/size]

BillyJack

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
fruits, vegs, silkworms, but crickets are the main event. He goes wild when the keeper comes out and chases them until they are gone.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
All of my dragons' diets consist of (but in diff proportions depending on the age):
-Silkworms as a staple insect (for adults and babies)
-Phoenix worms as a staple insect (for the babies)
-Crickets as a semi staple insect
-Hornworms, Superworms and Waxworms as a treat insect
I completely stay away from pinky mice and mealworms due to poor nutritional content as listed on the beautifuldragons.com nutrition page.

Staple greens vary on each dragon since some prefer certain greens to others but in general their greens consist of but are not limited to:
-Collard greens
-Dandelion Greens (and flowers)
-Turnip greens
-Mustard greens
-Variety of squash (butternut being the favorite amongst them all)

I treat my dragons to treat veggies and fruits twice a week as a salad topper to help entice them to eat their greens. I get my list of fruits and treat veggies off of the beautiful dragons site as well. All of my meals are dusted accordingly with repcal brand calcium and multivitamins

Blaise2oo6

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Dusted Crickets (which I gutload myself with Nature Zone total bites)
Horned Superworm (as the occaisional treat due to high fat content)
mealworms
butterworms

*Below a pic of the horned super worm, coolest food my beardie's eaten yet! ;D

HUNTEQ

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My beardy only eats GREEN lettuce, 10-15 crickets, and 25 meal worms a day, and if I went to a school and she was good, BEARDY KIBBLES!!! Her favorite food. She also drinks a bottle of water every three days.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i would like to add that i have recently tried a new staple food for my dragons and the new addition is turkistan roaches...my guys go insane over them!

Fidget Midget

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Where can I find silk worms? I'm in Orlando, Fl and none of the pet stores around here carry them.

Fidget Midget

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks. Do I need to get a silkworm kit? I have no idea how to keep them alive. And how many should I feed my three-month-old beardies?

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
a 3 month old beardie should eat as many as he wants in 15 min and as far as the kit you really dont need it...you can keep them in a little bin or even the cups they come in...the only thing you would need possibly is food depending how quickly your dragon goes through them

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have heard they are a good vendor. I never personally used them. Let us know what you think.