• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

beardies living togeter

shaylee25

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello my name is shaylee and i have 2 young bearded dragons. I bought them on black Friday and they were both teeny tiny babies. I have them living together and im not sure of the sex of them yet since theyre small but toothless is getting bigger then the boquita and im worried since boquita is smaller then him and I wanted to make sure theyre still ok to live together and what not. she seems to eat good, toothless still eats more because hes a pig but also boquita gets scared of the crickets when theres to many sometimes so I have to either take them out or take her out and hold her and then she becomes calm. so basically im just asking if its ok to keep them together. I didn't have any problems with my beardies I had before. they grew big together and seemed fine so I don't see why that would be a problem with my knew ones as well. thankyou for the help.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Not all of them can live together. You might find that they do better separately.

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Bearded dragons are not social animals. They simply should not be kept together. You might hear 'success stories' of them living entire lives together, without incident. It's pure luck. I should have found the link, but you might want to seek out the "Cohabitation" article, here in this forum. In the meantime, I'll leave this picture of one of my own hatchings, and what can (and almost always will) happen when you keep them together.

uploadfromtaptalk1420605708117.jpg

You can't see it well in this picture, but she will lose her back left foot, too.

I'm not leaving this hear to be mean. I just want you to know what you're in for. And, if you have one of each gender, the male will literally mate the female to death, if one of them doesn't kill the other.

shaylee25

Bearded Dragon Egg
I appreciate the feedback very much. thankyou. ill most likely separate them then, that way I wont have to worry . especially since one guy is bigger now then the other. and its just weird because ive had 2 before and they came from craigslist as hatchlings and they were siblings and they got huge and lived pretty great together it seemed. and they were very sweet, always loved being out of theyre cage and handled. they also were the same size as well. I had to rehome them due to certain circumstances at the time but that's why I wanted to start over with these guys because I love reptiles dearly. but anways these babies came from petsmart and toothless has been skittish from the beginning and boquita always wants to be held and just will sleep or chill in your hand. the problems im having with them besides separating them is boquita eats crickets but she also gets scared of them and tries to jump out of her cage when theres more then a couple of them, I usually take her out and then shes calm in my hand, and then toothless looks like hes going to be an ******* when hes older lol and maybe a biter. he for the first time opened his mouth at me like he wanted to his and his beard turned black, like I know that's a territorial thing but is there anyway I can make him more used to people and not become a biter? other then trying to hold him more... again im not really a beginner because ive always had reptiles its just ive never had any of these issues with my last babies. soo pls don't judge me ive tried to research a lot and askalot of questions so I can make it better for them and me. thankyou

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
They sure are cute. I'm no expert, but I've found if you're just patient with them, and let them warm to you, they come around. Just put your hand in the ensure, palm up, and stay still for a while. The gaping and bearding is usually because of fear. You're a big mean predator to them. The exception is an older dragon. If they're like that, you just have to deal with it.

shaylee25

Bearded Dragon Egg
yeah I will just keep working with them. I think they will be okay hopefully. like you said just give them more time

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420696843797.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420696843797.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 23
  • uploadfromtaptalk1420696861410.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420696861410.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 20
  • uploadfromtaptalk1420696879195.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420696879195.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 20
  • uploadfromtaptalk1420696898811.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420696898811.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 20
  • uploadfromtaptalk1420696930870.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420696930870.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 19
  • uploadfromtaptalk1420696949861.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420696949861.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 19
  • uploadfromtaptalk1420696976722.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420696976722.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 20

shaylee25

Bearded Dragon Egg
theyre so adorable. so do you keep them all in separate tanks too then? if not the power bill must be expensive haha. I cant wait for mine to get that big too

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
The three adults are in separate enclosures. The four little ones are together for now because my other four tanks are currently occupied...by 18 other babies. I also have my niece's (in another tank), for now.

shaylee25

Bearded Dragon Egg
ohh okay. that's a lot which is pretty cool. I used to have water dragons, bearded dragons, and chameleon all at once until I had to rehome them which was really hard. but yeah my babies now seem to be growing quick one more so then the other but I think they will be ok still. I just hope the other one doesn't get way bigger then the other and then have problems. I want to put them in separate cages but they seem good together right now still and I kind of want to see how things go and if toothless gets much bigger then boquita then I deff will want to separate. just right now I just want to keep watch and make sure theyre eating and growing right.

Latest posts