• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie won’t poop :/

pepsi

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! so my beardie hasn’t pooped in a day or two? she had let out a chunk earlier today and that’s it, nothing normal. she won’t eat, she’s basking like normal, she’s reacting and moving like normal but she just won’t poop. i can see her try and squeeze it out but nothing will come, maybe some liquid(pee) that’s it, i’ve given her massages and baths nothings working, i tried to give her olive oil and prune juice mix but i didn’t get much in her mouth, any help is appreciated, really trying to fix this at home before i take her to the vet and spend 100$, thanks!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi! so my beardie hasn’t pooped in a day or two? she had let out a chunk earlier today and that’s it, nothing normal. she won’t eat, she’s basking like normal, she’s reacting and moving like normal but she just won’t poop. i can see her try and squeeze it out but nothing will come, maybe some liquid(pee) that’s it, i’ve given her massages and baths nothings working, i tried to give her olive oil and prune juice mix but i didn’t get much in her mouth, any help is appreciated, really trying to fix this at home before i take her to the vet and spend 100$, thanks!
Do NOT go to the vet unless its absolutely necessary---- keep feeding her the natural laxatives you can feed her the baby prunes or canned pumpkin or unsweetened applesauce ---- you DO NOT want the vet giving an enema -- there have been more disasters the last few days w/ vets giving enemas ---- they can either kill the dragon or paralyze them--- keep up w/ the feeding of the laxatives -- add a little bit of honey in the mixture of the laxative your using along w/ a drop or two of olive oil --- and the baths as well ---make it a little warmer and the rubbing of the stomach as well --- what has she been eating to plug her up ? Substrate what are you using and how old is the dragon?

pepsi

Bearded Dragon Egg
Do NOT go to the vet unless its absolutely necessary---- keep feeding her the natural laxatives you can feed her the baby prunes or canned pumpkin or unsweetened applesauce ---- you DO NOT want the vet giving an enema -- there have been more disasters the last few days w/ vets giving enemas ---- they can either kill the dragon or paralyze them--- keep up w/ the feeding of the laxatives -- add a little bit of honey in the mixture of the laxative your using along w/ a drop or two of olive oil --- and the baths as well ---make it a little warmer and the rubbing of the stomach as well --- what has she been eating to plug her up ? Substrate what are you using and how old is the dragon?
hey! thank you so much, i had no idea, i was debating taking her in tomorrow, she’s just about a year and 4 months old, i uses a repti carpet currently, working on getting her a new set up, i honestly have no idea what could’ve plugged her up like this, i’m not just saying that i truly don’t know, when i take her out i just hold and and we watch tv together so she couldn’t have run of and ate something so i dunno. everytime i give her a good belly rub and put her back in her tank i can see her try and poo though so those are definitely helping :)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hey! thank you so much, i had no idea, i was debating taking her in tomorrow, she’s just about a year and 4 months old, i uses a repti carpet currently, working on getting her a new set up, i honestly have no idea what could’ve plugged her up like this, i’m not just saying that i truly don’t know, when i take her out i just hold and and we watch tv together so she couldn’t have run of and ate something so i dunno. everytime i give her a good belly rub and put her back in her tank i can see her try and poo though so those are definitely helping :)
What are you feeding ? The repti carpet is fine so its something shes eating or has eaten please tell me her diet-- have you fed insects that are maybe too big for her too eat ?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What are you feeding ? The repti carpet is fine so its something shes eating or has eaten please tell me her diet-- have you fed insects that are maybe too big for her too eat ?
Can you post pics of her please--- has she laid eggs before -- what color was the liquid--- I am wondering if she is egg bound and they have ruptured I forget what they call that --- she can lay infertile eggs -- please post a pic of her

pepsi

Bearded Dragon Egg
she normally eats veggies and fruits like strawberries, carrots, kale, etc. she eat crickets and mealworms as well

pepsi

Bearded Dragon Egg
Meal worms that would be cause -- please do not feed anymore till she poops
alright! like i said i’ve been trying to get her to take her normal veggies, do you think her impaction could be the cause?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
alright! like i said i’ve been trying to get her to take her normal veggies, do you think her impaction could be the cause?
Has she laid eggs before ? The liquid what color was it? Please post pics of her

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
no she’s never layed eggs, the liquid was clear when it came out but when i dried it turned white like their pee colour i’ll go take a picture of her now
Ok I was worried she was gravid and egg bound-- that is good she's not gravid- she sounds like she's impacted from the mealworms- how many are you feeding at a time?

pepsi

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok I was worried she was gravid and egg bound-- that is good she's not gravid- she sounds like she's impacted from the mealworms- how many are you feeding at a time?
just a teaspoon and a half in the morning once she warmed up and another at night, is that too much for her?

pepsi

Bearded Dragon Egg
Can you post pics of her please--- has she laid eggs before -- what color was the liquid--- I am wondering if she is egg bound and they have ruptured I forget what they call that --- she can lay infertile eggs -- please post a pic of her

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    976.4 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She does not look real fat as if w/ eggs and it's possible you would of felt them when massaging her abdomen

Dragon's Gramma

Bearded Dragon Egg
My Adult dragon just went a week without pooping. I was giving him warm baths nightly. Then he pooped finally, a big stinky poop but I was so happy to see it! LOL
I hope you get your big stinky poop ASAP!! :)

pepsi

Bearded Dragon Egg
My Adult dragon just went a week without pooping. I was giving him warm baths nightly. Then he pooped finally, a big stinky poop but I was so happy to see it! LOL
I hope you get your big stinky poop ASAP!! :)
thank you! i really hope i do too, i’m just gunna keep trying at home treatments like baths! :)

Latest posts