• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie won’t eat veggies, or live bugs

thevmaze

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey y’all,
My beardie is just about to hit the year old mark. I (sort of) rescued him about 4 months ago, he was in a poor environment where basically all he ate were dead flies and freeze dried crickets and had never been handled whatsoever. When I first got him, he would eat any greens and veggies I gave him, fruits in some moderation, and LOVED live bugs. Over the past week his diet has done a completely 180. He RUNS from any live bugs, crickets, dubai’s, horn worms, super worms, all of it. Literally starts puffing up, hissing and runs as far as he can. I stopped trying those about three days ago because i don’t want to stress him. But now, He won’t touch any greens or veggies either.
I tried to stay away from pellets because I know they aren’t the best in nutritional value, but over the past few days, and having no idea what else to do, i bought some and he’s eating those just fine. But only those.
Does anyone have any ideas on what to do?

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
I’m so sorry you’re having troubles! Thank you for rescuing the poor little thing! Can you start by giving us a rundown of your setup? Substrate, temperatures and how you’re measuring them, lighting type, brand, and age.

Latest posts