• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie with Two Different Eyes???

Odahviing

Bearded Dragon Egg
My 5 month old male bearded dragon has had eye problems from the day I received him. Both eyes look completely different, one more normal but yet not at responsive as most baby beardie eyes (his right), and the other completely out of the ordinary with a rather small pupil and possibly eye irritation (his left). Any suggestions what it may be?? I'm assuming a birth defect but I can't be for sure without someone else's knowledge. Both eyes water quite frequently as well.
Optimized-DSCN9955.JPG
Optimized-DSCN9957.JPG
Optimized-DSCN9958.JPG

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Interesting.. have you had this beauty in to see a vet to see if they have a idea of what's going on.. Seems like to me that if it was there from hatch, it would be inherited.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
What kind of UVB light are you using and do you use any colored lights, day or night?

Odahviing

Bearded Dragon Egg
What kind of UVB light are you using and do you use any colored lights, day or night?
I have little Odin in a 55 gallon tank, and I am currently using the "Zoo Med Repti Basking Spot Lamp" 75 watt version, although I need to switch to a 100 watt bulb because the basking spot and overall tank temperature is a little low. No colored lights, and the bulb is on around 12 hours a day. I've seen a little growth since I got him and his overall body seems fairly heathy for his age- besides the eyes.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Okay, the basking spot lamps are good, but you also need a UVB bulb.

Odahviing

Bearded Dragon Egg
Interesting.. have you had this beauty in to see a vet to see if they have a idea of what's going on.. Seems like to me that if it was there from hatch, it would be inherited.
I have not taken him into the vet yet due to financial issues, but it's my first priority when I am able to do so. Both of his parents were very healthy and looked completely normal, and there were no issues with the rest of the clutch.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Scoot the basking bulb over so that it is in front of the UVB, the two need to be in the same spot to work together to synthesize D3.

Latest posts