• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie with previous broken back

Yoongicorn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi guys! Im getting my first beardie soon. He is 2 years old and has had his back broken. His previous owner, before the rescue took him, squeazed him because "he squirmed too much." Any advice on caring for him? The rescue says he loves squash and only eats 12 superworms a week. Is that enough bugs for an adult?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I just commented on your other post. This is so heart breaking :(

12 supers a week for an adult is good. I would switch to dubia or silkworms or BSFL since super worms are on the fatty side and can cause fatty liver disease. Squash is good, introduce some leafy greens to him too like turnip, mustard, dandelion, collards. Treats of blueberries or mango or strawberry.

I feed my adults bugs every 3 days or so and salads every day.

Do you have a picture of him? What's his name?

Yoongicorn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok, how many roachs or silkworms would be a good amount? Thanks! His current name is Bently cause they said he looks like hes bent
20180325_093103.png

Lookout&Leura

Bearded Dragon Egg
Make sure to handle him really carefully!! DO NOT GRAB FROM ABOVE. Instead slide you hand in from the side, and SUPPORT ALL 4 LEGS.

Also be sure he can't fall from a basking log/rock.

Best of luck with Bently, hopefully he can still live a long happy life!:)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Bently is a great name! Silk worms and dubia are great feeders and dubia are really filling so he might only eat a few each sitting. With those I would let him eat what he wants but feed him bugs every 2-3 days.

Latest posts