• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie urgent health

jake chetney

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi i didn’t really know how to caption something this serious however i check on my beardie daily and I just noticed this today. One of his claws/fingers i guess is hanging by literally a thread these were the best pictures i could get. He doesn’t seem stressed and is eating fine. What should I do thanks.

Attachments

• 59E8159B-48CB-4560-A8A3-6283B1E3860C.jpeg
    59E8159B-48CB-4560-A8A3-6283B1E3860C.jpeg
    660.9 KB · Views: 41
  • DA8003ED-A4B0-45CB-A206-7750D529FC3A.jpeg
    DA8003ED-A4B0-45CB-A206-7750D529FC3A.jpeg
    847.8 KB · Views: 38

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
He must have caught it in something. If it's not bothering him and there are no live potentially biting insects (like crickets) in the tank overnight, you could pur Manuka honey or raw, unpasteurized/unfiltered honey on the site to ward off infection.

jake chetney

Bearded Dragon Egg
He must have caught it in something. If it's not bothering him and there are no live potentially biting insects (like crickets) in the tank overnight, you could pur Manuka honey or raw, unpasteurized/unfiltered honey on the site to ward off infection.

It isn’t bothering him, so i would just put honey on his claw? As well the main problem i have is its hanging by a string should i remove it? Thank you

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
It sounds like it's about to drop on its own, but if you're sure it won't cause bleeding or pain, you could snip it. Yes, put the honey on the injured area.

Latest posts