• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie Transport

BeardieLovet

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello!! I will be moving in a couple weeks and will be driving approx 20 hours. I will be doing this drive straight thru since I will also have a dog and cat with me. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to make the travel less stressful for my beardie (Mango). She is currently in an enclosure that is way too big to keep together for the drive. So I'm looking for enclosure options, ways to keep her warm etc. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello!! I will be moving in a couple weeks and will be driving approx 20 hours. I will be doing this drive straight thru since I will also have a dog and cat with me. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to make the travel less stressful for my beardie (Mango). She is currently in an enclosure that is way too big to keep together for the drive. So I'm looking for enclosure options, ways to keep her warm etc. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!!
these work great for carrying a dragon https://www.amazon.com/s?k=small+pe...t+carriers,aps,190&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_3_18 -- you will need to keep the cat / dog away from the dragon - its going to really stress him out if hes not used to them - I dont know what kind of car you have but you can put the dragon in the hatch to keep him from seeing them would work best -- small breaks to get him into the sun at rest stops would be good -

BeardieLovet

Bearded Dragon Egg
these work great for carrying a dragon https://www.amazon.com/s?k=small+pet+carriers+for+rabbits&crid=1YY9YFZ9JH9EE&sprefix=small+pet+carriers,aps,190&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_3_18 -- you will need to keep the cat / dog away from the dragon - its going to really stress him out if hes not used to them - I dont know what kind of car you have but you can put the dragon in the hatch to keep him from seeing them would work best -- small breaks to get him into the sun at rest stops would be good -
Thank you! I will look into one of those carriers. She is actually quite comfortable with the dog and cat. Its the 94# dog that is afraid of her:)

Rusty

Juvenile Dragon
For a 20 hour journey, i wouldn't break the bank, get a tote that fits in the front seat floor, cut the top, invest in a power adapter for the lighter outlet, bring one bulb and make him comfortable, he will be fine as long as you get him set up quickly once in new home,
Well cared for dragon shouldn't suffer in 20 hours,, good luck

Latest posts