• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie stopped eating

Wilsonl07

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey my just over 1 year bearded dragon randomly just stopped eating greens and insects around 4 days ago, and I have no idea why, at first I thought it was his uv bulb being old so I got that replaced. The basking and viv heat are correct and so is the humidity. So then I thought maybe parasites but the other dragon I own is fed from the same insects and is eating like a champ, and he is also very active and his behaviour hasn’t changed. So then I thought maybe impaction but within the last 3/4 days he has pooped 3 times so I really have no idea. He doesn’t seem to be ill in anyway and just straight up refuses any food. If anyone has any suggestions I’d appreciate it. Thanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey my just over 1 year bearded dragon randomly just stopped eating greens and insects around 4 days ago, and I have no idea why, at first I thought it was his uv bulb being old so I got that replaced. The basking and viv heat are correct and so is the humidity. So then I thought maybe parasites but the other dragon I own is fed from the same insects and is eating like a champ, and he is also very active and his behaviour hasn’t changed. So then I thought maybe impaction but within the last 3/4 days he has pooped 3 times so I really have no idea. He doesn’t seem to be ill in anyway and just straight up refuses any food. If anyone has any suggestions I’d appreciate it. Thanks
The UVB your using is a coil or tube? And where in the tank is it? What are your basking temps and how are you taking them please NO stick ons digital probe thermometers should be used -- we need to eliminate causes and lighting is first thing to be ruled out if its not the cause

Wilsonl07

Bearded Dragon Egg
The UVB your using is a coil or tube? And where in the tank is it? What are your basking temps and how are you taking them please NO stick ons digital probe thermometers should be used -- we need to eliminate causes and lighting is first thing to be ruled out if its not the cause
Tube and on the top of the viv, and the heat lamp is thermostat regulated with a probe and using infrared thermometer it’s 89f the viv is a regular 4x2x2

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Tube and on the top of the viv, and the heat lamp is thermostat regulated with a probe and using infrared thermometer it’s 89f the viv is a regular 4x2x2
The temps for a baby should be 105-110 95-110 for a juvie-/ adult - basking 89 is not hot enough- the screen on the tank is a fine mesh like a screen door or wide hole type?

Wilsonl07

Bearded Dragon Egg
The temps for a baby should be 105-110 95-110 for a juvie-/ adult - basking 89 is not hot enough- the screen on the tank is a fine mesh like a screen door or wide hole type?
Ok I’ve upped it to 100, the tank is just a 4x2x2 wooden viv with sliding doors and wood ceiling

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
If it's been at 85 for a while, he probably wasn't eating because he was way too cold to digest food properly or have an appetite.

Latest posts