• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie stopped eating/moving

Eddie G

Bearded Dragon Egg
I've had this dragon for years and all of the sudden she stopped eating greens and meal worms now she barely moves. This started in March and now it's mid May. Plus there is hardly any white or dark urine or scat in the enclosure.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've had this dragon for years and all of the sudden she stopped eating greens and meal worms now she barely moves. This started in March and now it's mid May. Plus there is hardly any white or dark urine or scat in the enclosure.
What are you using for a UVB? No coil please- basking temps what are they and how are you taking them? No stick ons please - please post a pic of the tank-- your dragon sounds dehydrated get her in a bath DO NOT let her gulp the water if she starts to drink really fast pull her- she will aspirate--

Jrodkw

Hatchling Dragon
If you've had her for years I'm assuming you know what lights she needs. What are you using? Getting proper diet? Are meal worms the only protein you feed her?

Eddie G

Bearded Dragon Egg
1st of all I would like to thank this whole community for their feedback on my Beardie. I thought I may have waited to long to ask for help. But the good news is that 2 days after I posted this thread she popped out of her funk and is back to eating and moving around. I posted a pic of my lighting scheme and her diet is mostly turnip greens and dandelion greens with crickets and the lg meal worms. Thanks again!!!

Attachments

• 1621965783168485867680003256467.jpg
    1621965783168485867680003256467.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
1st of all I would like to thank this whole community for their feedback on my Beardie. I thought I may have waited to long to ask for help. But the good news is that 2 days after I posted this thread she popped out of her funk and is back to eating and moving around. I posted a pic of my lighting scheme and her diet is mostly turnip greens and dandelion greens with crickets and the lg meal worms. Thanks again!!!
If your using that uvb in pic please swap it out for a Reptisun 10.0 bulb and please move your uvb inside the tank w/ the basking decor directly underneath 6-8 inches-- the screen is blocking 30% of those rays T 8's are not strong enough to go thru it--- if you need help hanging I can post things to hang w/ let me know -- also T 8's need to be changed out every 6 months-- the Reptisun 5.0 is more for aquariums- the 10.0 is for desert reptile

Eddie G

Bearded Dragon Egg
If your using that uvb in pic please swap it out for a Reptisun 10.0 bulb and please move your uvb inside the tank w/ the basking decor directly underneath 6-8 inches-- the screen is blocking 30% of those rays T 8's are not strong enough to go thru it--- if you need help hanging I can post things to hang w/ let me know -- also T 8's need to be changed out every 6 months-- the Reptisun 5.0 is more for aquariums- the 10.0 is for desert reptile
Thanks I will switch out the bulb when I go into town this weekend. I've been using the setup going on 3 years and didn't know better.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks I will switch out the bulb when I go into town this weekend. I've been using the setup going on 3 years and didn't know better.
Watch their behavior-- the color should be more vibrant eating should increase as well

Latest posts