• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

beardie sight

sara

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Does anyone know how a beardie sees? Do they see 2 images and process them or is it just one image?My hubby was asking and wanted me to post about it. He says he's curious to find out because they have their eyes on the side of their heads.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lemme see if i can manage to muddle thru this one. Forgive me please.

Some reptiles have laterally placed eyes (on the side). Which means they move their eyes independently of one another. Binocular placement (frontal) move together.
Vision is a precotious response to movement in laterally placed eyes. Basically sight is vortexed and merged. Where as on Binocular vision, the same sight is seen with both eyes.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
and to clarify on this. What gina is saying is that dragons have Binocular sight as their eyes do not move independent of each other (like a chameleons site). that is why when a dragon is looking at something beside it they will close their other eye so they can focus on that object.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol... ever notice that your dragon(s) "eyebal"l things, then strike ?
Janie

sara

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks everyone for the help. We were just kinda wondering how our little buddies see.

Latest posts