• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie Quirks

Ashytree

Bearded Dragon Egg
What random quirks do your beardies have? :) I believe that beardies are just as unique as people and are just as fun to talk about as well.

stijngh

Hatchling Dragon
He likes to swing his head sometimes or stroke his head against his branch like his head is itchy. Extremely cute :D :oops:

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Luci has a strange quirk. He hates hiding places in his tank. I've given him logs to hide under, a ferret tunnel, I've made a tent and a cardboard box, he refuses to go in it. We even bought him a wooden small animal hide and he won't go in it. The minute we let him run free, he finds a hiding spot either behind a framed picture resting against the wall or under the tv and he tucks in and goes to sleep!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
beardkisses.jpg
friends' bearded.jpg

^^Or sticking their head into a space they don't fit. I think this was Luci or Dexter. lol. Gets me every time.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Ha, ha, Noella! That was Dexter! She likes to wedge her fat head under stuff!

donprec

Juvenile Dragon
Precious will do what my son calls "swimming," I call it a wiggle when she's either on us or found a soft place and settles down to sleep. Doesn't do it in her cage though.
She also is obsessed with finding this one particular corner of the room. She'll go straight for it with determination and when she can go no more, she just stands there staring at it. She's done it so many times as if she thinks one day it'll be different...or the power of her stare will move it or something lol.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Precious will do what my son calls "swimming," I call it a wiggle when she's either on us or found a soft place and settles down to sleep. Doesn't do it in her cage though.
She also is obsessed with finding this one particular corner of the room. She'll go straight for it with determination and when she can go no more, she just stands there staring at it. She's done it so many times as if she thinks one day it'll be different...or the power of her stare will move it or something lol.

My oldest cat does that! She will just stand and look at the wall, she doesn't put her head on the wall she just stands and stares at it like she's looking in a mirror.

donprec

Juvenile Dragon
LOL! I had a cat who would have spaz attacks and run crazy around the house. He would finally jump to the top of an old tall cat tree I used to have and would meow to the ceiling. Makes you wonder what they see that we don't! As it is, my son swears there are "paranormal orbs" in all of our videos of the lizards. It's only them, not videos of my son or the cats, just Precious and Tequila videos...there are "things" that swish by in every video of them. I think it's just my son watching too much Paranormal Witness type shows but...who knows!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
LOL! I had a cat who would have spaz attacks and run crazy around the house. He would finally jump to the top of an old tall cat tree I used to have and would meow to the ceiling. Makes you wonder what they see that we don't! As it is, my son swears there are "paranormal orbs" in all of our videos of the lizards. It's only them, not videos of my son or the cats, just Precious and Tequila videos...there are "things" that swish by in every video of them. I think it's just my son watching too much Paranormal Witness type shows but...who knows!

We always say that there are orbs in our house too! The man that used to live in our apartment used to have a lot of cats so I aways say our cats are playing with the ghost cats!