• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie puberty

luissandoval87

Hatchling Dragon
I know their first brumation is more like their puberty biologically-wise, but behavior-wise I've noticed it's around 5-8 months of age. Ganon is about 11 inches and he's starting to get a little moody. Just started running away from me and hissing at me. I hadn't had a dragon hiss at me before I was a little scared I must admit. I handle him daily, but I guess he's annoyed for some reason. Hopefully he'll grow out of it soon I used to sit him on my lap and watch bearded dragon vids on youtube now he just tries to run away :(

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi;Maybe he just don't want to be bothered at the time you want him to. Keep trying when he seems happy and leave him alone when he's not happy. Mine give out signals when they don't want to be bothered and i leave them alone, until i see they are relaxed and happy then i try again.I wouldn't worry too much as he'll come around-a couple of his favorite worms might just do the trick. River-7

Latest posts