• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie problem with pooping

Srhking247

Hatchling Dragon
Ok so im new to this but got a adult beardie from my old neighbor. They had him on a horrible diet of only dry diet food. Now ive had him for about a month maybe longer and i fi ally got uim on a normal diet. He eats large crickets and collar greens. Few weeks ago i noted he hadnt pooped for a long time so i gave him a bath with some prunes and he went poop right away in the warm bath. Now its been a week or so since he pooped. I gave him a bath just now and he pooped right away and it was huge! Is there anything im doing wrong keeping him for pooping? Hes 4 years old.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Sounds like you are doing fine. When they get older they don't poop every day. Mine tend to go every 2 weeks. My 6 year old only likes to go in a warm bath (which I hear is a bad thing because it could cause them to prolapse). Also, when they are older they aren't eating as much as they did when they were babies so they aren't going to need to go as often.

Latest posts