• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie poop

Srhking247

Hatchling Dragon
Ok so past few times my beardie has pooped it kinda looks like this. Beardie is about 4 years old. Has been given to me from a previous owner that only fed dry food. Hes been on a collard greens and crickets diet for a few weeks now. My temps are basking side 100-105, then hot side, cool side 80-85. He currently does not have a UVB the solar glo he had broke had havnt had one for a few weeks. I ordered the reptisun t5ho and will be here tomorrow. So hell be getting his UVB back. Any recommendations on what can make his poop mushy? Suppose to be firm correct? Can stress cause problems with stool? I do catch him alot bobbing to himself in the glass. Also he may seen the other baby beardie i have across the room. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
20181112_100606.jpg
20181112_100606.jpg
20181112_100606.jpg
20181112_100606.jpg
20181112_100606.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I would have a fecal done to rule out any parasites.

Mysti

Bearded Dragon Egg
@PatsyB I’m having a similar issue with mine. Do have a price range that vets charge for testing? I don’t want to get jipped.

mamaof2dragons

Juvenile Dragon
my vet charges about 55.00 for the fecal smear to check for parasites. I have checked a few other local exotic pet vets in my area and that is pretty average for my area.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
@PatsyB I’m having a similar issue with mine. Do have a price range that vets charge for testing? I don’t want to get jipped.

My vet wants to see the animal for a look over at least once before they just do a fecal so I think the visit was around $60 and the fecal was $30.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If it was an initial kind of thing they want to see them that cost me around $60 and the fecals are $20. if they have been seen recently I don't have to bring them in to have fecal run

Latest posts