• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie Panic

Jennifer Cox

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, I need help. I am a little stressed. My bearded dragon was scratching at the glass and wanted to get out. I finally took him out and he jumped on the floor and ran over behind a table to hide. I picked him up and same thing happened but this time he went and hid under some fold up chairs. He curled up under them and his beard went black, I have never seen him puff his beard like he did today. What could be wrong with him??

Please help!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How old is your dragon? how often do you bring him out? sounds like he has gotten scared and so he's puffing out making himself look big and scary.. lol it is common for them to black beard when they are not sure of things or when they are showing dominance or aggression. Key is not to be afraid of him and pick him up gently and put him back in his tank..

Jack Reeman

Hatchling Dragon
I don't think it's going to be a recurring incident by the sounds of it. Have you put anything new in his Viv? Maybe Temps are a little too high?

I can't really think of any other reasons for it. Has he/she perhaps hurt themselves?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Sounds like there might be something about his tank that he doesn't like. Like Jack asked, is there something new in his tank? What are the temps? Could there be a loose feeder in his tank?

Latest posts