• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie not pooping

TinySmaugOfficial

Hatchling Dragon
smaug hasn’t been pooping or peeing at all lately. He also hasn’t been drinking. I dunno what to do. He still eats normally.

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
What are your UVB lights and basking lights? What substrate are you using? How long has it been since he last pooped?

Sometimes beardies will go for a week or two without pooping/peeing for no apparent reason. If he hasn't been drinking water, mist his greens, feed high-moisture feeders such as hornworms, and give him a bath every once in a while.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
smaug hasn’t been pooping or peeing at all lately. He also hasn’t been drinking. I dunno what to do. He still eats normally.
He needs to be hydrated- how old is the dragon? It's not uncommon for older dragons not to poop for a long time-- weeks-- make sure your not feeding insects no bigger than the space between his eyes length wise-- if he's a adult you can try feeding canned pumpkin unsweetened applesauce baby prunes or squash - those are natural laxatives

TinySmaugOfficial

Hatchling Dragon
about 2 months. We are feeding him pretty big crickets, but they aren’t longer than the space between his eyes. He also won’t drink anything Lately. I‘m gonna try to mist him and see if he’ll drink that way.he also will not eat any vegetation unless you make him. He also has stress spots, but I don’t know why and they aren’t going away. I’m really worried. Ive always wanted a dragon but maybe I’m not cut out for it after all.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
about 2 months. We are feeding him pretty big crickets, but they aren’t longer than the space between his eyes. He also won’t drink anything Lately. I‘m gonna try to mist him and see if he’ll drink that way.he also will not eat any vegetation unless you make him. He also has stress spots, but I don’t know why and they aren’t going away. I’m really worried. Ive always wanted a dragon but maybe I’m not cut out for it after all.
Ok can you post a pic of him next to one of the crickets your feeding please

Latest posts