• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie not growing?

Potato2019

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello! I have a beardie and his name is potato.I've noticed that for his age he is weirdly undersized.

He is around a year old now. I bought him at petsmart before I was aware of their problems with selling beardies and other reptiles. I looked at pictures of other beardies that are his age and they are definately godzillas compared to my little beardie.

Im not aware of his weight but he is about a foot long including his tail. He still looks six months old. His poops are normal and he has them every one to two days.

Potato exercises regularly and goes outside on the weekends. He does sleep randomly throughout the day though. I do manage to get him to bask for around 10-12 hours a day.

His diet consists of superworms, collard greens, cilantro,carrots, occasional bell pepper or strawberries, and as treats he loves dried crickets but he only gets a few a week. He eats 10- 15 superworms a day over 2-3 feeding periods. I make him a fresh salad every other day and change his water 1 or 2 times a day depending on if he bathed in it or not. I also sprinkle powdered calcium and vitamin d3 on his salad and worms.

Eyes and tail look normal. His vent also has no spots or bumps. Though under his beard there are some weird light patches.I havent taken him for a vet checkup yet.

That should be everything. I hope im not overworrying about this! If anyone has any suggestions im definately willing to try them. Thank you! :)

Potato2019

Bearded Dragon Egg
vhevvrY6fLjRAkJq8

3YNwrg215rypZi448

Here are some pictures of his beard and his size if anyone is interested.

Latest posts