• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie not eating

jessicap

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
There seems like a lot of post on this, I have read and tried to follow all the suggestions. Temps are 80-110 during day and 75-80 at night, humidity 30-32%, uv about 4mo old and is a repti glo (I know repti sun is better and is my next purchase) . He had his second worming today and have been giving him probiotics every other day pee directions. I soak at least every other day and try for daily. He get greens with veggie poor fruit have been using some baby food lately to get more fluids. I offer bugs all day for him (started this a week ago since he wasn't eating ). I vary what is offered (repti worms, Dubai roaches and once per week small super worms. I just started super worms since he wasn't eating the others, the supers are all I have seen him even interested in.

He spends a lot of time standing up in cool corner,but does move around enclosure and basks, weight has remained the same, colors are bright, eyes mouth and vent clean. He does poo one time per day to everyother( not sure how since I never sem to eat!

Soooo, any suggestions? Anything I may be missing? He is already wayyyyy behind on growth so don't want him to get any farther. I appreciate your help

jessicap

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
He was born Aug 20,2011 he is only 6" long and weighs 21 grams. He started out eating about 15-20 repti worms per sitting, now nothing

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey, Jess. He is very small for his age & I hope we can help get something figured out for you. Antibiotics may dehydrate your dragon so continue with regular baths. If he is showing an interest in supers, make that his staple food for now & switch it up later. Have you been providing calcium & vitamins with your dragons diet? Also, your temps may be a concern, 80-110, are those cool side & warm side temperatures? Or, is that changing temperature of the basking area?

jessicap

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
JP temps are cool side during day= 80, night= 75. Basking=110 day and about 80-85 at night. I know he is extremely small but for his length his weight appeared good per some of the charts I saw.

I also Sprinkle his greens with a multi and calcium /no d. Once each week.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
JP temps are cool side during day= 80, night= 75. Basking=110 day and about 80-85 at night. I know he is extremely small but for his length his weight appeared good per some of the charts I saw.

I also Sprinkle his greens with a multi and calcium /no d. Once each week.
Up his calcium & vitamin intake to 4 times a week. Dust the supers also.

kaykayy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
hope he starts to eat soon, know how u feel as 2 of my bd's dont eat, and havent done for months, theyre really behind on growth aswell, im still yet to find somethink that sets off thier appetite as at the moment im havenin to assisnt them with thier food :(

jessicap

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Okay, I have wormed, given probiotics, raised temps and humidity, provide bugs all day and even tried rearranging his viv but still have not seen him eat any bugs! He seems fine otherwise, moves around viv, basks, drinks water during soaks, poops and has brights colors. All I can think of is he is eating his greens (hard to tell if they are touched. I have added baby food chicken a couple times and it looks like he may have eaten some of that. Oh , and he has gained a gram. so when do you begin to worry? If he starts to loose weight?

Sissy Anne

Bearded Dragon Egg
I would figure if he's pooping, he must be eating. Any chance he's been impacted, and he's working something out right now but just doesn't have much appetite?
Also, if you're worried about hydration, you can add some plain Pedialyte to his baths. Mine went through a period of a couple of weeks where he didn't show interest in food, and I gave him a couple pinkies, which perked up his appetite, has good water content, and is more food in one serving than most bugs. Now, beardies shouldn't have pinkies regularly because they're bad for their kidneys and such, but in an emergency, it might help.

jessicap

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Since I have had him (Oct 30, 2011) he has eaten mainly reptiworms with some small roaches. I did not try superworms until after he stopped eating. He has been pooping all along but have not seen him eat a bug in over a month. He is very small only 6 in long so I couldn'tt see him eating a pinkie and I could NEVER do it! I will continue to weigh him and watch his Pooping if eitther drops I will seek medical attention. I will try the pedialyte too. I am not too worried about dehydration, I see him drink when I soak him and I soak him several times a week - almost daily.

Sissy Anne

Bearded Dragon Egg
Since I have had him (Oct 30, 2011) he has eaten mainly reptiworms with some small roaches. I did not try superworms until after he stopped eating. He has been pooping all along but have not seen him eat a bug in over a month. He is very small only 6 in long so I couldn'tt see him eating a pinkie and I could NEVER do it! I will continue to weigh him and watch his Pooping if eitther drops I will seek medical attention. I will try the pedialyte too. I am not too worried about dehydration, I see him drink when I soak him and I soak him several times a week - almost daily.
Oh, I'm sorry. I missed that he is only 6". and I fed a frozen pinkie. just wiggled it with tongs. I think it was the smell (gross) that attracted his attention.

jessicap

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Just wanted to share a pic of my little guy. In my opinion, he is pretty darn cute... lol ;0)

reptiles011.jpg

reptiles010.jpg

reptiles013.jpg

Latest posts