• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie not eating or much of anything

LindsyG13

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have had my beardie for a little over a year. I got him when he was a couple of months old. Recently he has been very inactive. He doesn't even bask much and stays in his hide or on the cool side of the tank and now he won't eat much. He will only eat an insect of I hand feed it to him and then it is just a couple every other day or so. He won't even try to hunt them. He won't touch his veggie hardly at all. He also has only had one BM in the last couple of weeks. I don't have anything in his tank to cause impaction and he usually gets a bath once or twice a week. This has all been going on for about a month now and I'm getting worried. Any help?

Beardiegirl27

Hatchling Dragon
Do you get yours out and play with it often? They like love and attention! I would also try getting yours to drink some water, might be dehydrated.
As mine has gotten older, she's gotten lazier! Mine is also picky and moody! As time goes on you'll figure your beardie out!

Missbipbip

Bearded Dragon Egg
TAKE HIM TO THE VET!! If nothing else, just to get him checked. I should have done that for mine. I read all this stuff online about brumation and mine was doing the exact same thing as yours. Form all the things I read I thought he was fine and I was just overreacting. Mine was about the same age as yours. He died a few days ago, and I am devastated. If I could do one thing different, I would have taken him as soon as I suspected a problem. Just take him so if there is a problem it can be detected early. A lot of the issues that dragons have will be fatal if not treated early. I am sorry, and I hope your baby is better soon. Hug him for me :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts