• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie not doing well (deworming) :(

jmalaga12

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please help.

I need suggestions of how to bring my beardie back to his old self… I’m not an expert, I’m a first-time owner.

Rexie is about 5 years old. This is the first time he’s been diagnosed with “worms”. Went to the vet because his eye swelled up and he’s been tearing ever since. Did a round of 5 shots of “Fortaz” antibiotics… seemed to help. They also found worms in his stool so they treated him for that with a one-time treatment of “Fenbendazole” I believe. Said it would also help with the swelling due to a lack of vitamins.

I have been syringe feeding him (any suggestions for food welcome!) taking him out in the sun, giving him his baths, and cleaning his cage as soon as he goes potty.

It’s been a couple weeks since his treatment. I noticed today his beard is bright black (this isn’t normal for him) and he is sleeping with his mouth slightly open standing up. At the vet, they said he didn’t have any blockage of any sort in his throat. Also, nothing was said about mouth rot (would the antibiotics clear this up anyways?!) I don’t know really what else to do.

Also starting him on a probiotic ASAP.

Any help is really appreciated.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Please help.

I need suggestions of how to bring my beardie back to his old self… I’m not an expert, I’m a first-time owner.

Rexie is about 5 years old. This is the first time he’s been diagnosed with “worms”. Went to the vet because his eye swelled up and he’s been tearing ever since. Did a round of 5 shots of “Fortaz” antibiotics… seemed to help. They also found worms in his stool so they treated him for that with a one-time treatment of “Fenbendazole” I believe. Said it would also help with the swelling due to a lack of vitamins.

I have been syringe feeding him (any suggestions for food welcome!) taking him out in the sun, giving him his baths, and cleaning his cage as soon as he goes potty.

It’s been a couple weeks since his treatment. I noticed today his beard is bright black (this isn’t normal for him) and he is sleeping with his mouth slightly open standing up. At the vet, they said he didn’t have any blockage of any sort in his throat. Also, nothing was said about mouth rot (would the antibiotics clear this up anyways?!) I don’t know really what else to do.

Also starting him on a probiotic ASAP.

Any help is really appreciated.
Your dragon is in distress and I am wondering if its the medication --- please us this website and get him into a reptile vet ASAP---- www.arav.org

BOOTIECUTIE76$

Bearded Dragon Egg
Your dragon is in distress and I am wondering if its the medication --- please us this website and get him into a reptile vet ASAP---- www.arav.org
I'm sure he stressed. He not well. Yes take him back to vet hunny. Hugs mine does that mouth thing when he don't see me or thirsty. But not blk beard. Is belly lined?

Latest posts