• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie not basking in basking spot

Brittnee

Bearded Dragon Egg
hello, my beardie is a year and 8 months old. She hasn’t been wanting to bask in her basking spot for a couple weeks. She either sits on a log close to it or sits on her cold side. Her basking temp is 95-100 degrees usually. She’s been eating less and not as active. I’m not sure what is going on with her.

Tank:40 gal, repti carpet, 150 W basking bulb, zilla tube uvb light

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hello, my beardie is a year and 8 months old. She hasn’t been wanting to bask in her basking spot for a couple weeks. She either sits on a log close to it or sits on her cold side. Her basking temp is 95-100 degrees usually. She’s been eating less and not as active. I’m not sure what is going on with her.

Tank:40 gal, repti carpet, 150 W basking bulb, zilla tube uvb light
Welcome to the forum.
If you are in the states and it's fall, your dragon is old enough to be thinking of brumating..Have you had a fecal test on her for parasites? Fecal test should be done a min of 2 times a year (before fall and in spring) as Parasites can mimic brumation behavior.

Brittnee

Bearded Dragon Egg
Welcome to the forum.
If you are in the states and it's fall, your dragon is old enough to be thinking of brumating..Have you had a fecal test on her for parasites? Fecal test should be done a min of 2 times a year (before fall and in spring) as Parasites can mimic brumation behavior.

I’m going to do that this coming week I think, she will only poop in the bath though. I hope that will still work lol I’ve never had to bring a sample in. I rescued her 4 months ago so some things are still new to me.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’m going to do that this coming week I think, she will only poop in the bath though. I hope that will still work lol I’ve never had to bring a sample in. I rescued her 4 months ago so some things are still new to me.
Mine only go in the bath as well but I can tell when they are going to go so I can be ready.. I use a disposable spoon and if I can drain without loosing it I will or I will just scoop up the poop minus the urate and bag it up.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Also how old is your UVB bulb?? if it is a T8 those need replacing every 6 months, if a T5 those can go 10-12 months. Having old UVB can also play a BIG role in their eating and basking behavior.

Latest posts