• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie laid 17 eggs and buried them - is she done?

SerpentineManor

Bearded Dragon Egg
It's been several years since I've had a gravid bearded dragon, but the girl we just got a few weeks ago was showing signs (eating like crazy and then refusing food, digging and butt wiggling) so we made her a lay box just in case. Tonight, she laid 17 eggs!! They are quite squishy, like little partially deflated balloons (very likely infertile, pic below).

I am wondering if she is done with this clutch? She laid them all in one go and then buried them just perfectly. You would never know there were eggs under there. Does that mean she finished?

Attachments

• IMG_1829.jpg
    IMG_1829.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 11

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
It's been several years since I've had a gravid bearded dragon, but the girl we just got a few weeks ago was showing signs (eating like crazy and then refusing food, digging and butt wiggling) so we made her a lay box just in case. Tonight, she laid 17 eggs!! They are quite squishy, like little partially deflated balloons (very likely infertile, pic below).

I am wondering if she is done with this clutch? She laid them all in one go and then buried them just perfectly. You would never know there were eggs under there. Does that mean she finished?
YES she has finished but she may lay again in another month so keep an eye in case she starts digging again in a month then u know she will lay again. After a Beardie lays give her a bath for 15min ASAP and lots of water to drink. U should do 3baths this week instead of two. She’s dehydrated and depleted of calcium. They need lots of protein for two weeks; so Up the calcium powder to everyday instead of 3-4 times a week; do this everyday for 2weeks alongside the veggies/greens to get her strength back.

SerpentineManor

Bearded Dragon Egg
YES she has finished but she may lay again in another month so keep an eye in case she starts digging again in a month then u know she will lay again. After a Beardie lays give her a bath for 15min ASAP and lots of water to drink. U should do 3baths this week instead of two. She’s dehydrated and depleted of calcium. They need lots of protein for two weeks; so Up the calcium powder to everyday instead of 3-4 times a week; do this everyday for 2weeks alongside the veggies/greens to get her strength back.
Will do!! Thank you so much!!!!

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Wow Those are some really good looking eggs, not even deflated that much, you must be keeping ur girl on a nice boosted supplement and hydration diet, may i ask what soil ratio you did for your lay box? I really like the texture it has, did u add peat it looks almost like its soft? My beardie is coming on a year and 7 months so i wanna be ready when my girl starts making eggs :) , they usually lay eggs for 2-3 months so expect at least one more clutch, ive been watching a YouTuber named “Animal1guy” and he rescues lizards , he has a bearded dragon on there that has layed eggs 3 four times, maybe check him out?

SerpentineManor

Bearded Dragon Egg
Wow Those are some really good looking eggs, not even deflated that much, you must be keeping ur girl on a nice boosted supplement and hydration diet, may i ask what soil ratio you did for your lay box? I really like the texture it has, did u add peat it looks almost like its soft? My beardie is coming on a year and 7 months so i wanna be ready when my girl starts making eggs :) , they usually lay eggs for 2-3 months so expect at least one more clutch, ive been watching a YouTuber named “Animal1guy” and he rescues lizards , he has a bearded dragon on there that has layed eggs 3 four times, maybe check him out?
It's called Lugarti's Natural Reptile Bedding (NRB). Their website says it is "a special blend of high quality sphagnum peat moss, extremely fine sand, and natural clay. It is specifically formulated to provide the most ideal habitat for reptiles housed in a terrarium setting". It also says "BEST egg-laying substrate available. Simply add 4" - 5" of NRB packed tightly in your Lizard, Gecko, Monitor, Turtle or Tortoise enclosure and your females will not only have the best suitable egg laying site, your eggs will be perfectly safe from dehydrating for up to a month (if bedding is kept semi-moist) before collecting them for artificial incubation."

I love that YouTube channel! :D

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
It's called Lugarti's Natural Reptile Bedding (NRB). Their website says it is "a special blend of high quality sphagnum peat moss, extremely fine sand, and natural clay. It is specifically formulated to provide the most ideal habitat for reptiles housed in a terrarium setting". It also says "BEST egg-laying substrate available. Simply add 4" - 5" of NRB packed tightly in your Lizard, Gecko, Monitor, Turtle or Tortoise enclosure and your females will not only have the best suitable egg laying site, your eggs will be perfectly safe from dehydrating for up to a month (if bedding is kept semi-moist) before collecting them for artificial incubation."

I love that YouTube channel! :D
Thank you so much!! Im gonna get some :) their ratio looks really good, glad to see other people watch him too lol.

Latest posts