• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie hit by car help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonjuice

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I think she only got clipped besides a busted jaw and a gammy arm shes visibly fine. She can swallow but soon after she stretches and waves her arms like shes in pain. I've been cleaning her wound and feeding her water through a syringe which shes been lapping up, i've got a few bits of minced carrot in her mouth and she swallowed it. Her arm isn't broken by the looks of things cos she can put weight on it only for short amounts of time before it gives out. Shes a fighter and i think she'll survive it im just a bit worried about the pain when swallowing, any ideas of what it might be? her beard seems to be in good condition but she hasn't flared it, im thinking it might be that though. ANY help is much appreciated.

moonjuice

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
The people at Reptile City told me to feed her grated carrots as thats ALL they feed theirs but i will look at that list and change it immediately. I don't want to be told to take her to the vet, I want to know if anyone else has had this problem and if they might know whats causing it.

Twobeardieguy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Not trying to tell you what to do but if your beardie has a break and it gets infected then you may loose the poor reptile! Thus is why they prescribe antibiotics! Well good luck..

moonjuice

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
thanks twobeardieguy, If she gets worse or stops eating or drinking i will be taking her to the vet but while shes improving i'd rather keep her as calm as possible.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm sorry but I have to agree with crypticdragons, that dragon needs to see a vet NOW! I'm shocked that this could even be a question. Dare I even ask how this dragon got hit by a car?

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Woah......................damn

ya know...........i'm all about the right way to do things..........
but you guys need to wake up and realize not EVERYONE has the financial backing to afford that vet visit.

I was under the impression that people come to forums because they have fears, concerns, questions, and because they need the moral support of like kind. Not because they choose to be chastized. Are we beginning to sound like so many other forums that we think we are impenetratable?

I'm sure this OP realizes the use of a vet would increase productivity in the healing process.....yet there must be a reason why they've decided not to go that route. Instead of shouting how insulant you assume they are..........try giving them some well thought advice, as well as continuing that recommendation for the vet.

This is just my opinion, you understand. Callus as it may be.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
For the OP... if the issue is finances.. can you give us an amount, we might be able to help out there... Also, I honestly feel an xray of the affected areas would be quite helpful.
There are homeopathic ways to help anyone, human or reptile heal. Some of us use those herbs. Reptiles generally take longer to come around, due to their characteristics.

Help us help you. Let us know specifically what is needed.
Janie

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Everyone, I know that you are passionate about bearded dragons. And there are tactful ways of expressing your opinions. As we all know, this forum is open to all individuals. And we do not want to deter anyone from joining us and asking questions or sharing their beardie experience. So, please refrain from coming across too strong and mandating something happens. There are multiple solutions and multiple answers.

For example, in this scenario, one could say, yes, I have seen this and the best solution is to visit a vet because x, y and z may occur. Or if you do not have the means to pay for a vet visit, perhaps donate your animal to willdlife rescue, etc.

Please, folks, be compassionate to others. And if you don't agree with the other's actions, refrain from answering the post altogether.

Thanks!

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
refrain from answering the post altogether.

fine with me
deleted all of em
though i want to point out if any research is done on what this poster is doing the lack of vet attention is not financially based. Its some obscure moral stand on what the OP thinks of vets.
Thanks

Bye

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Janie, I hope not. But this is a prime example where word choices are crytical in these situations. I agree with everyone. I just think some things could have been put more nicely to achieve better results.

I used to preach to my developers - positive thoughts get positive results. They rolled their eyes at me a lot, but they understood.

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I will post this on the other forum as well.
A person come on here asking for an opinion after his dragon got clipped by a car. I told Him a VET. He didnt like that option. We are all entitled to an opinion. I stand by my opinion that this animal need to be checked out. If I was to direct then some people need thicker skin.

moonjuice

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I'm in actual shock at the closed mindedness of everyone here excluding the 3 or 4 people that think other people can have have an opinion too, lucky for me im not a part of this community and this was and now definately will be a one off post. I'd rather work things out myself than deal with the guilt trips, accusations and general rudeness of a group of people like you. thanks to gina and janie so much and renee for not judging based a few lines of words.

crypticdragons - you are a fool

have fun all i'll keep in touch with those worth while

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
your opinion is noted and im in the mindset of not caring thanks for the comment though. I so love hearing what others think of me ;D

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Moonjuice, I'm sorry that you feel that way. We have quite a few quotes from existing forum members stating how wonderful this forum is and how their bearded dragons would not be alive if it weren't for the advice given, and how open minded the forum members are. Much of this said advice was provided by the members you are questioning. My forum members are very passionate about bearded dragons. And they have strong individual ethics when it comes to the care of their bearded dragon. I apologize that you did not receive the advice you were seeking, but it may be that the advice provided was not the advice that you were looking for.

I wish you the best of luck with your bearded dragon. It does sound like a serious injury and I hope all goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts