• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie Freakouts

Waddles’Owner

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys! I’m back with a question; how do I help my 2 year old female beardie, Waddles, from freaking out in the morning? I’ve kept her enclosure clean, used proper materials, given her food and water, and take her out 1 hour and 15 mins each day. Every morning at 9:15, two hours after she wakes up at 7:15 when I turn on her light, her neck is black and she runs around the tank and keeps poking at the right side door. This morning I tried seeing if it was because I didn’t give her food in the morning, but it wasn’t the case cause she kept freaking out like usual. She seems okay after 12 noon when I take her out, but I can’t take her out in the morning due to school. If anyone has any info on this, please let me know!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey guys! I’m back with a question; how do I help my 2 year old female beardie, Waddles, from freaking out in the morning? I’ve kept her enclosure clean, used proper materials, given her food and water, and take her out 1 hour and 15 mins each day. Every morning at 9:15, two hours after she wakes up at 7:15 when I turn on her light, her neck is black and she runs around the tank and keeps poking at the right side door. This morning I tried seeing if it was because I didn’t give her food in the morning, but it wasn’t the case cause she kept freaking out like usual. She seems okay after 12 noon when I take her out, but I can’t take her out in the morning due to school. If anyone has any info on this, please let me know!
Does she do this after or before she poops? This could be a spur of energy on her part in the morning -- mine was doing it in the mornings for like a month or so but it is a yearly thing and in the spring -- I call it spring fever --- your lighting in the tank that also could be a part of it as well --- so lets rule that out first to make sure its what I just mentioned -- UVB what are you using and where in the tank is it? top of screen inside the tank ? coil or tube fixture? Basking temps ? what are they and how are you taking them? NO stick ons please -- any colored bulbs being used ?

Latest posts