• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie food preferences

acmapes1

Bearded Dragon Egg
So, I was wondering what everyone prefers to feed their beardie? Roaches? Mealworms? Crickets? And what about fruits and vegetables?

Attachments

• IMG_20161210_140026.jpg
    IMG_20161210_140026.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 35

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I use dubia roaches as my primary insect, but I'm working on breeding silkworms to spice up their diet. As for greens, I stick with collard greens, turnip greens, mustard greens and dandelion greens. As for veggies, I'll toss in some squash, cucumber, carrot or other beardie safe veggies every now and then to color things up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I use the same greens that Eavlynn does. For bugs we do supers, hornworms, silkworms and dubia. We mix it up as much as we can.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yeah - what they said. also : fruits - only occasionally. shredded apples, smashed berries NO CITRUS OR AVOCADO - see the links below my signature for some dietary suggestions

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Dubia and supers staple with butterworms, waxworms as treats
collards, kale, mustard greens, dandilion greens, zuc, squash are primary then I go off food guides in the link below that we've put together..

Vic

Hatchling Dragon
My daughter and I have a 6mo old. We are currently trying different things. Our beardie is very fickle. He eats meals, wax, and supers. However, greens he is very fickle. We got him to eat Collards, butternut squash, kale(rarely eats).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Latest posts