• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie finger is broken?

zorothebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
My friend beardie' finger is kinda off but we don't know that it was broken or not because he (beardie) doesn't react or look flinch when we touch it and can walk normally. We haven't bring him to vet because the vet is really far.
1000037157.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My friend beardie' finger is kinda off but we don't know that it was broken or not because he (beardie) doesn't react or look flinch when we touch it and can walk normally. We haven't bring him to vet because the vet is really far.
View attachment 35342
I will have some one look at it -- to me it doesnt look broken but I am no expert -- are you using any hammocks in the tank? any kind of green reptile carpet? it looks like he got it snagged on something and the two things I asked about are the most common - I will get back w/ you after I hear back from the person I am reaching out to

zorothebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
I will have some one look at it -- to me it doesnt look broken but I am no expert -- are you using any hammocks in the tank? any kind of green reptile carpet? it looks like he got it snagged on something and the two things I asked about are the most common - I will get back w/ you after I hear back from the person I am reaching out to
no he doesnt use hammocks or reptile carpet but he has a towel like material on his basking spot

zorothebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Its possible he got it snagged on that--
yes theres a possibility that he got snagged on that towel, because he is really active and just roaming around all day so i cant be sure too.
Its possible he got it snagged on that--
yes theres a possibility that he got snagged on that towel, because he is really active and just roaming around all day so i cant be sure too. I want to know if i need to bring him to vets anytime soon because im a little afraid that this can turns out bad if i just let him be

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yes theres a possibility that he got snagged on that towel, because he is really active and just roaming around all day so i cant be sure too.

yes theres a possibility that he got snagged on that towel, because he is really active and just roaming around all day so i cant be sure too. I want to know if i need to bring him to vets anytime soon because im a little afraid that this can turns out bad if i just let him be
For now hold off -- we see sprains and broken nails etc quite a bit - they usually heal on their own -- what kind of UVB are you using? coil or a long tube fixture?
I heard back and this is what she has said
That shouldn't be a problem at all, not much a vet could do anyway. It's not uncommon at all for them to dislocate or break a finger and they usually heal on their own but this one doesn't look like it's broken anyway so it should be fine..

Latest posts