• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie Eye stuck shut with clear discharge?

BeardieT

Hatchling Dragon
Hello beardie community, just recently one of the male bearded dragons was being lethargic and would kinda stay in one place. I noticed his right eye was stuck shut (left was open) and there was clear discharge which we wiped away with a cue tip. He became active right after that again. Next morning we woke up and saw him in the same spot, laying down with his right eye the exact same way, stuck shut with sticky clear stuff (mucus?) on it. Wiped it away again and he’s been fine. I’m sure the cycle will continue tomorrow. Does anyone know what could possibly be wrong with him? Thanks!

BeardieT

Hatchling Dragon
Eye infection, see a vet ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah he started getting dark and lazy and not eating so we took him to the vet, they stained his eye to see if there was a scratch and looks like it’s just a little infection. Gave him some eye cream and so far it’s been doing well! He’s been active and hungry and opening his eye today. Hopefully all is well

Latest posts