• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie enclosure for traveling

chiyo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello!
I'm traveling for Thanksgiving and I wanted to bring my bearded dragon with me. I need tips for setting up an enclosure that would be easy to move around and still be able to keep my beardie warm. I won't be staying for too long (about 1-2 days) so would a plastic container be best? To keep him warm should I invest in reptile heading pads and if so where could I find some? Please let me know!!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello!
I'm traveling for Thanksgiving and I wanted to bring my bearded dragon with me. I need tips for setting up an enclosure that would be easy to move around and still be able to keep my beardie warm. I won't be staying for too long (about 1-2 days) so would a plastic container be best? To keep him warm should I invest in reptile heading pads and if so where could I find some? Please let me know!!
Happy Thanksgiving!
You can use a 20 gallon plastic tote and use a clamp to use for the basking bulb make sure you take a digital probe thermometer and the wattage is going to be different from your tank at home --- you can use a small pet carrier for the car when in the car the dragon should be fine w/ the heat in the car - I dont know how cold it is where you are just make sure the car is warmed up before you leave he should be fine in the car you can use hand warmers from Walmart but they will need to be covered they get really hot so take towels for that --- some last 2 hrs some will last for 4 hrs -- make sure you take your UVB too but to be honest I would leave him / her at home --- he will be in relocation stress the whole time your gone --- leave him some food in the tank salad on the cool side of the tank and some repashy grub pie is good --- he will be fine a day or two w/ that --- its up to you - if you decide to leave him / her at home get a timer Walmart set the timer to come on and go off certain times - plug all your lights in the to timer

Krystal0

Juvenile Dragon
Hello!
Happy Thanksgiving!
You could bring a few of his things and maybe find something portable...

Latest posts