• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie eggs sweating - day 48??

zoe1103

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all, my beardie laid 48 days ago. Her eggs are sweating I believe- but not collapsed yet. Isn't that a bit early? The incubator is at 85-86 F and 75-80% humidity. I know its not condensation marks, I checked the incubation lids. Let me know what you think and thanks in advance!
thumbsup.gif

q6R3pFG.jpg

gDYajw8.jpg

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Hi all, my beardie laid 48 days ago. Her eggs are sweating I believe- but not collapsed yet. Isn't that a bit early? The incubator is at 85-86 F and 75-80% humidity. I know its not condensation marks, I checked the incubation lids. Let me know what you think and thanks in advance!
thumbsup.gif
Some eggs incubate sooner ive found, ur temps are pretty nice and toasty, Ooo they’re looking close :) i can see the stress marks on the eggs too, congrats on the babys.

zoe1103

Bearded Dragon Egg
Post a pic for us when they pop :) i love seeing their skin before their first shed , its so cool.
I will! Thanks so much for the response. How much longer would you think once they sweat? I’ve only ever hatched one clutch out at lower temps, and they collapsed before hatching. Never had sweating, so I’m excited to see how much longer it’ll be!!

zoe1103

Bearded Dragon Egg
There close :) id say a few days, or even today! Usually they sweat cause the babies are poking holes through the membrane.
Okay awesome! Weird question.... what do you mean by stress marks on the eggs? Like you said earlier. Today is right around day 50... no babies yet, hoping soon. Sweating is still steady and no collapsing just yet.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Okay awesome! Weird question.... what do you mean by stress marks on the eggs? Like you said earlier. Today is right around day 50... no babies yet, hoping soon. Sweating is still steady and no collapsing just yet.
Im sorry i probably should of used better wording, you know when women get pregnant and get stress marks on their stomachs? Same things happen with eggs, another indicator that they’re almost ready to pop. The average is 60days for beardie eggs, it might take another couple, but they’re definitely close.

zoe1103

Bearded Dragon Egg
Im sorry i probably should of used better wording, you know when women get pregnant and get stress marks on their stomachs? Same things happen with eggs, another indicator that they’re almost ready to pop. The average is 60days for beardie eggs, it might take another couple, but they’re definitely close.
Thank you so much! I have another question… sorry it’s been a while since I’ve bred beardies and this is a first time issue. My female that laid this clutch on April 27th is gravid again. I found out about two weeks ago. She’s been digging here and there but still no eggs. It’s been 50 days now (about 7 weeks) and still nothing. She’s not eating, but not showing signs of being sick. Still wall surfing and active. When should I become concerned, or should I be concerned already? She ate last 4 days ago (crickets dusted with calcium).

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you so much! I have another question… sorry it’s been a while since I’ve bred beardies and this is a first time issue. My female that laid this clutch on April 27th is gravid again. I found out about two weeks ago. She’s been digging here and there but still no eggs. It’s been 50 days now (about 7 weeks) and still nothing. She’s not eating, but not showing signs of being sick. Still wall surfing and active. When should I become concerned, or should I be concerned already? She ate last 4 days ago (crickets dusted with calcium).
From my understanding they can lay eggs for 3 months, another forum member said hid beardy was popping out eggs like crazy for 3 months, do u have a lay box on offer? This usually helps, but not all females use them, can u feel around in her tummy, be very gentle, u can feel if they’re coming along, i wouldn’t worry till you have to, usually they pop out new eggs when the old ones are hatching, “usually” have you ever watched a YouTuber by the name “animal1guy” he has a series for a beardie named Phoenix, she layed like 70 eggs, maybe check him out.

zoe1103

Bearded Dragon Egg
From my understanding they can lay eggs for 3 months, another forum member said hid beardy was popping out eggs like crazy for 3 months, do u have a lay box on offer? This usually helps, but not all females use them, can u feel around in her tummy, be very gentle, u can feel if they’re coming along, i wouldn’t worry till you have to, usually they pop out new eggs when the old ones are hatching, “usually” have you ever watched a YouTuber by the name “animal1guy” he has a series for a beardie named Phoenix, she layed like 70 eggs, maybe check him out.
Okay so nothing really changing today in terms of incubating eggs…. Hoping it’ll be soon. My last clutch a couple years ago was 53 days exactly. Today is day 51 I think. Update on the momma who should drop her second clutch…. She’s going crazy today. I put her back in the lay bin. Not taking any food but digging like crazy. She hasn’t made the perfect burrow yet to her standards but I have a feeling it’ll be tonight or tomorrow. So excited!! What if they hatch and she lays on the same day?!

zoe1103

Bearded Dragon Egg
Okay so nothing really changing today in terms of incubating eggs…. Hoping it’ll be soon. My last clutch a couple years ago was 53 days exactly. Today is day 51 I think. Update on the momma who should drop her second clutch…. She’s going crazy today. I put her back in the lay bin. Not taking any food but digging like crazy. She hasn’t made the perfect burrow yet to her standards but I have a feeling it’ll be tonight or tomorrow. So excited!! What if they hatch and she lays on the same day?!
Updated pics of my girl… (taken through my computer screen on the live cam, since I wasn’t home)
*edit*: she laid 33 last time! She’s just as big this time. She looks like she could pop any second
75B474D2-9770-4354-87E0-965C0A43B488.jpeg

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
She is big, thats so cute you put up a cam to watch her, everything sounds normal to me and looks good, have a nice big meal for her with extra calcium when shes done :)

zoe1103

Bearded Dragon Egg
She is big, thats so cute you put up a cam to watch her, everything sounds normal to me and looks good, have a nice big meal for her with extra calcium when shes done :)
Hey update! I still have the cam on her.... no eggies yet ): She's been digging like crazy still and very active. I think I'm going to give her another night or two and if no eggs by then I'll pre dig her a big hole, it worked last time. I hope this isn't another large clutch but I have a feeling it is.... she's absolutely massive. Im hoping this will be the last clutch for her this year- it takes a lot out of her. Time will tell!! The babies are starting to dent and collapse a bit, maybe hatching soon! Day 55 today. <3 I set up 3 bins with UVB and everything, all ready for little baby beans!

Latest posts