• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie dominance?

DanniTheExotic

Hatchling Dragon
Okay, so recently, I decided to try give my dragons weekly bath together, instead of separate.
At first they were fine, just swimming about and such. Then my female (2 or 3 years old) put her foot on my males (about a year olds) head. At first I thought she might've done it on an accident, so I quickly just moved her to the other end of the bath. But a couple of minutes later, she did it again. It was the end of bath time so I just took them out and put them back into their vivs. Then a week later, put them in the bath again together and low and behold, she tried to drown him again.:eek:
I decided to let them have a run about together on the floor afterwards. And whilst he was just laid on the floor, minding his own business. She put her foot on his head again.
Does anyone have any idea why she's doing this? :(
Starting to feel like a bad owner when I let them out together, cause every time she just stands on his head! :oops:

DanniTheExotic

Hatchling Dragon
Haha, could be! She just seems like she's really angry with him and has just had enough of him haha!
It's just so strange, never seen her do it before that bath :confused:

Pat B

Super Moderator
If your female is that aggressive towards your male....I would never put them together anywhere....it only takes a heartbeat and a leg is missing or a tail etc etc. If you do a search on this forum for co-habitation you will find some good stuff. Good luck!!

DanniTheExotic

Hatchling Dragon
I already know that, used to have two together before one started bullying the other (When I first started out) But she's never tried to bite him or anything. They've always been fine and just ignored each other. Was just asking if this a behaviour anyones ever seen before really/why they do it :)

DanniTheExotic

Hatchling Dragon
I already know all I need to know about cohabitation :confused: My dragons are not in the same viv, nor do I intend to put them together, unless in the future I decide to breed them, which is unlikely. They merely get let out together every once in a while to give them a change of scenery for a while and a run around....
Before the bath together, they never bothered each other and would run in separate directions. And since I saw her do the same thing when they were out together, they haven't even been let out together, and I've let them out individually. I was just asking if anyone knew why she did this as I haven't seen a dragon do it before >.<

jesse wojdak

Bearded Dragon Egg
my dragons do it sometimes. i think if it is the head then yes it is alittle bit a dominance thing but what does your male do. mine normaly wiggle out of it and run away. my my dragons lay on the others backs too. there are a whole like of thinks that you have to condier. like does your female not like baths. i now some dragons with try and climb on top of what ever they can to get out of the water even if it is just alittle bit.

Latest posts