• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie daily exercise needed?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You want the 10.0 bulb the one shown is a 5.0 -- in order for it to sit on the screen it must be a 10.0 bulb not the 5.0 -- it is more for aquarium use but can be used for a back up but then it would need to go INSIDE the tank

cygbeardie

Hatchling Dragon
Ok the Mega Ray is a good bulb -- but you need to get a accurate temp on that hammock -- if the Mega Ray is on the screen the distance should be 14-16 inches -- I would recommend getting another UVB the UVB rays are being filtered out by the screen around 30% -- I see the screen is a wide hole so that is good -- and shes gaping in the pic so that tells me shes adjusting her body temp-- but for her sake you want a accurate basking temp-- and you can get a 22" fixture like a Zoo Med and get a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 that can sit on top of your screen w/ basking decor 8-10 inches under it --
Hi, the temperature on the hammock is 107. I think it’s pretty good right?

cygbeardie

Hatchling Dragon
You want the 10.0 bulb the one shown is a 5.0 -- in order for it to sit on the screen it must be a 10.0 bulb not the 5.0 -- it is more for aquarium use but can be used for a back up but then it would need to go INSIDE the tank
Ok got it now. Thanks!

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Poppy usually just stays on her hummock or hugs the wood log all day if we are busy doing other things and don’t take her out of the tank. She eats well (typically 30-50 small bugs a day plus veggies) and poops regularly. But once she’s out of the tank she’d cruise around. At 6-7 months old I assume she should move around in the terrarium even if we don’t take her out. When I put food inside of the tank while she’s on her hummock, she’d look at the bugs in the food container and jump off, eat all the food and go back to the hummock. She can almost look like a statue if no one interacts with her. Is that normal?
They bask most of the time but YES they need there exercise and in the summer let them sit with you on the yard for 30min to an hour to absorb the rays from the hot sun. Just make sure your home is vacuumed & there’s no food or things on the floor because they ingest anything including dust mites. But def they need to exercise and run around. If u feed then let them bask for 2hours before outside the cage playtime coz it takes “2” hours to fully digest their food.

cygbeardie

Hatchling Dragon
They bask most of the time but YES they need there exercise and in the summer let them sit with you on the yard for 30min to an hour to absorb the rays from the hot sun. Just make sure your home is vacuumed & there’s no food or things on the floor because they ingest anything including dust mites. But def they need to exercise and run around. If u feed then let them bask for 2hours before outside the cage playtime coz it takes “2” hours to fully digest their food.
Thanks! It’s getting warmer every day. Will def take her out often. So 30-60 min is the amount of time needed per day?

Latest posts