• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie closing his eyes

Sarah Britten

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I've noticed that my beardie keeps closing his eyes when he's led out chilling they spring open the minute u move or go near the viv just wondered if this is normal or something I should keep an eye on he is shedding at the moment if that makes any difference I've attached a photo of how he is sat to the side of his baskin spot at the moment.
image.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
What is your tank setup like? What are your temps? What are you using for UVB?

Sarah Britten

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I've posted a pic below of how my viv is set up we have a 50 watt basking lamp and a 10.0 uvb fluorescent light the cool end is about 80-83f and the warm end is about 90-93f and his basking spot is about 100f
image.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I can't tell, is the UV mounted on top of the tank or on the side?

Sarah Britten

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I've also noticed this morning that he seems to have abit of diarrhoea it's not runny but it's a lot wetter and lighter than it normally is but apart from that and the eye closing he's his normal happy self.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I would try to mount it over him somehow. With the light on the side, it shines directly into his eyes where overhead he has little ridges over his eyes that shelters them from the light.

Wet poop that is still formed just means he's well hydrated. If it's wet and mushy then you should have it checked.

Latest posts