• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie allergic reaction?

Gina Grenier

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a 1 yr old female beardie. I put 2 new plants in her viv. One is an ivy she has been eating for a little over a week. The other is Fittonia which she has taken to sleeping on over the last 2 nights. She was fine this morning but this afternoon I checked on her and she has had black areas on her stomach
Her beard and part of her tail is black. I pulled her out to see what was wrong and she just burrowed herself under my elbow and stayed there.
Is this an allergic reaction? If so what do I do? I gave her a long soak thinking if it was by contact I could wash it off with water. She hasn't responded to that yet

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a 1 yr old female beardie. I put 2 new plants in her viv. One is an ivy she has been eating for a little over a week. The other is Fittonia which she has taken to sleeping on over the last 2 nights. She was fine this morning but this afternoon I checked on her and she has had black areas on her stomach
Her beard and part of her tail is black. I pulled her out to see what was wrong and she just burrowed herself under my elbow and stayed there.
Is this an allergic reaction? If so what do I do? I gave her a long soak thinking if it was by contact I could wash it off with water. She hasn't responded to that yet
I would remove the plants the ivy's are on the poisonous/unsafe plant list from Bearded Dragon Nutrition site..

Latest posts