• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie acting funny...

Sp33dbump...

Bearded Dragon Egg
I got to be a BD owner quite by mistake... A friend of mine brought me a BD and a ball python one night around Thanksgiving... He found them wrapped in a towel at the bottom of a dumpster... The BD got loose first night I had her and lived somewhere, somehow, in my house unmolested and healthy for 3 Mos... 3 MONTHS!!! since all my research has payed off so far, I was able to determine she was a she when she pooped 3 yellow eggs... But I can't tell if she's pregnant or just fat... I mean I spoil her... She always has crickets and meal worms and greens... Lately She is always trying to get out anytime im in the room but flinches and backs away when I go to take her out... Oh, I forgot to say that I also have a pit-bull/ mastiff that didn't find the BD the entire time she was gone... Can a female lay unfertilized eggs then lay fertile ones??? Because of her recent attempts to get out, could it be she's looking for somewhere to lay??? She doesn't like to poop in her habitat and will wait till I hold her so she poops on me, so it may just be she needs to go...

Love.my.Loki

Hatchling Dragon
My name is Rachel and ohmygosh! My heart goes out to you and your little ones!! I cannot believe someone would put them in a dumpster, ESPECIALLY TOGETHER! That is so awful and sad! It literally brings tears to my eyes. I have only had one beardie for about a year. His name is Loki, and I don't think I know enough or have enough experience to give any advice on this. I have a male and he does some of the same things sometimes. He's been very sketched out lately and will flinch or open his mouth and puff his beard just randomly. I'm sorry I couldn't help but I did want to say thank God you found them and were able to help. I look forward to someone responding to this post so all your questions and maybe a few of mine get answered!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I got to be a BD owner quite by mistake... A friend of mine brought me a BD and a ball python one night around Thanksgiving... He found them wrapped in a towel at the bottom of a dumpster... The BD got loose first night I had her and lived somewhere, somehow, in my house unmolested and healthy for 3 Mos... 3 MONTHS!!! since all my research has payed off so far, I was able to determine she was a she when she pooped 3 yellow eggs... But I can't tell if she's pregnant or just fat... I mean I spoil her... She always has crickets and meal worms and greens... Lately She is always trying to get out anytime im in the room but flinches and backs away when I go to take her out... Oh, I forgot to say that I also have a pit-bull/ mastiff that didn't find the BD the entire time she was gone... Can a female lay unfertilized eggs then lay fertile ones??? Because of her recent attempts to get out, could it be she's looking for somewhere to lay??? She doesn't like to poop in her habitat and will wait till I hold her so she poops on me, so it may just be she needs to go...
Yes to unfertilized eggs- if she's frantically digging and glass surfing then a good possibility she needs to lay more- if she's just glass surfing it's possible the tank is too small - optimal tank size for a adult dragon is 75-120 gallon- next the temps in the tank could be too hot - you want surface basking temps 95-100 middle of tank 90's cool side 80's during the day night 65-75 - the surface basking temps should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- uvb is extremely important- no coils please another reason for glass surfing- if any of this is off would cause this behavior it controls the overall health and behavior

Latest posts