• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Laid Infertile Eggs- don’t know how to proceed!

Katie S

Bearded Dragon Egg
Nori has been acting weird for weird and digging holes, but I just thought noting of it since she hasn’t laid eggs before. I fixed her enclosed and leveled off her sand. Sometime tonight she laid like 20 infertile eggs that I can see all over her enclosure (attached picture). It’s night time so I haven’t fed her yet but tomorrow I’m going to feed her lots of calcium and give her a warm bath. Regarding the eggs, what do I do? Do I put them in a box in her d closure? Can I even touch them now that she’s laid them? She’s sleeping now but I will definitely take care of her needs in the morning. I just don’t know what to her eggs (they are 100% infertile eggs)

Attachments

• 46B8BD4F-6974-4D21-B26D-38A271D04E7B.jpeg
    46B8BD4F-6974-4D21-B26D-38A271D04E7B.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 49

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I'm a little late here but you can just freeze them and toss them. Make sure you are loading her up with calcium now to replace what she lost in creating the eggs. Hard boiled egg whites (whites only) are a good treat high in calcium.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Just curious, why do you freeze them?

They will start to stink! Also if there is any chance that they could be fertile, freezing will stop growth of the embryo.

Interesting story. I have a girl in my FB group whose dragon laid a pathogenic egg. In some reptile species the female can lay a fertilized egg with no male present. I have a crested gecko that laid a few fertile eggs last year with no male. I incubated them because I just had to see what happened, but the eggs didn't make it. I had never heard of it happening with a bearded dragon until now.

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
How bizarre! Good to know. I'd forever be haunted thinking I threw away an egg that could have hatched. I'll definitely remember to freeze them, should Jayne ever lay any. Thanks for the info!

Latest posts