• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragons stomach is turning black

Angel Kross

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

I'm a relatively new beardie owner and I was wondering why is my dragon's stomach-turning a blacker tone. I have not seen this before and its been on their stomachs for a few days now. Its somewhat concerning but it hasn't changed for worse or better. Any ideas?

Attachments

• rn_image_picker_lib_temp_51fe9272-9dd1-4622-8229-3fbb6e1bd0be.jpg
    rn_image_picker_lib_temp_51fe9272-9dd1-4622-8229-3fbb6e1bd0be.jpg
    700.7 KB · Views: 15

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello,

I'm a relatively new beardie owner and I was wondering why is my dragon's stomach-turning a blacker tone. I have not seen this before and its been on their stomachs for a few days now. Its somewhat concerning but it hasn't changed for worse or better. Any ideas?
To me it looks like shed but I am going to get another opinion I will get back w/ you

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
To me it looks like shed but I am going to get another opinion I will get back w/ you
Ok the person I asked said it looks like bruising- do you know if she's fallen? Please post some more pics w/ some better lighting so we can see better

Angel Kross

Bearded Dragon Egg
He did fall one day out of my hand onto the floor cause he wanted to jump and walk around more. I was thinking it was a bruise but I wanted to make sure. Granted how do you treat one if that is the case?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He did fall one day out of my hand onto the floor cause he wanted to jump and walk around more. I was thinking it was a bruise but I wanted to make sure. Granted how do you treat one if that is the case?
Ok so I would say that is what it is- I am not sure if you can do anything -- I have asked the person that looked at it- in the meantime I am going to go over your surface basking temps -- they need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and should be 105-110--- stick ons are inaccurate- NO coils for a UVB that would be in a dome fixture - you want a long tube fixture -- if any of this stuff is off your dragon will not heal correctly and coils are inadequate - they cause alot of health problems -- MBD is the worst-- please watch his behavior the next week and any black bearding going on you may need to get him to the vet-- please no more outs for him - how long have you had him ? Let him get acclimated to his tank and surroundings - pet him in the tank - get him hand tamed - babies are notorious for jumping I have seen alot of accidents this way some get hurt really bad -- we need to get the lighting and temps on par so that bruise will heal-- I sent the new pic to her so she could see but that does look like a bruise --

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He still has the bruise but I think its slowly going down.
Any black bearding? Is he eating? Please keep him in his tank so he can acclimate and get used to his surroundings - make sure you have accurate surface basking temps-- and good uvb- no coils please they are inadequate

Angel Kross

Bearded Dragon Egg
Any black bearding? Is he eating? Please keep him in his tank so he can acclimate and get used to his surroundings - make sure you have accurate surface basking temps-- and good uvb- no coils please they are inadequate
He is eating just the same. Behavior is the same as well. He's been in his aquarium a lot and is mostly relaxing neat his basking area. I have a uvb light on and a small place for him to lay at so he can bask.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He is eating just the same. Behavior is the same as well. He's been in his aquarium a lot and is mostly relaxing neat his basking area. I have a uvb light on and a small place for him to lay at so he can bask.
What uvb are you using? Are you using digital probe thermometers for temps?

Latest posts