• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragons - Sixth Sense

Jon Macintosh

Juvenile Dragon
Can bearded dragons sense one another's presence? I house two dragons side by side, but they cannot see one another, whatsoever.

Lately, however, Merlin has been head bobbing and EVERY time he does, Willow begins arm waving without missing a beat.

Am I missing something here?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I would say maybe they hear each other but you can't really hear head bobbing. That's so interesting.

Jon Macintosh

Juvenile Dragon
Exactly. I know they hear each other because they perk up when the other moves, but Willow never waved before this and starts EXACTLY whenever he begins bobbing. It's rather perplexing.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Yeh im in the same boat as u i have two males who r sidw by side in the vivs. Boris is the dominant 1 he head bobs but Diego only waves wen he sees him bob. We dnt get them out in the same room coz we did once n.Boris went for Diego. But they r both aware of the other 1 bein there :) they clever :)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I got one for you. Luci drives me insane on a daily basis with his constant running back and forth through his tank and his glass dancing. Monday morning I woke up with the worst cold I've had in years and I've been home the last three days. On Monday he was very quiet, didn't poop, and he just laid around his tank, Tuesday he did the same thing. Since it's unlike him not to poop and to be so lethargic I took him out and gave him a bath and rubbed his belly until he went. He sat with me on the couch for a bit last night and didn't move, just snuggled into the blanket with me. This morning I woke up and feel a lot better and I went to check on Luci and he is back to his normal self running around his tank and even leaving a giant present! Almost like he knew, momma was sick and he needed to be on good behavior!

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
The bob it a macho masterful signal. It show dominace. The faster n hard they bob is the more dominamt. A slow bob n a wave is a submissive signal.

Latest posts